Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

On a positive note...

Did a little over 100 miles today on the Hudson, at one point it was real flat with a slack tide, so I told the wife to check the speed and rpm's on the 300- she took off... 72.6 @ 8020 fuel heavy. I asked, "Where did you have the trim?" She said, "I don't know, somewhere around the middle."

On the way back the wind kicked up pretty good and it got sloppy for a while, I actually caught her petting the side of that damn ski like it was one of our dogs! Bottom line- after almost 100 hours she seems to have gotten quite attached to that 300!

Banned User
    +1

On a positive note...

Nice

Quote Originally Posted by Vman View Post
    Did a little over 100 miles today on the Hudson, at one point it was real flat with a slack tide, so I told the wife to check the speed and rpm's on the 300- she took off... 72.6 @ 8020 fuel heavy. I asked, "Where did you have the trim?" She said, "I don't know, somewhere around the middle."

On the way back the wind kicked up pretty good and it got sloppy for a while, I actually caught her petting the side of that damn ski like it was one of our dogs! Bottom line- after almost 100 hours she seems to have gotten quite attached to that 300!
    Good idea; need a postive Post! That other thread has turned into an Army M.A.S.H Unit. I can't look at it anymore

I have heard you can ride the Hudson all the way to Canada if you want. I was born within a stones throw of the mouth of the Hudson (NYC), but now live out west. Would love to do that ride someday. JB

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by john belton View Post
    I have heard you can ride the Hudson all the way to Canada if you want. I was born within a stones throw of the mouth of the Hudson (NYC), but now live out west. Would love to do that ride someday. JB
    You are always welcome, John. Just fly out- we'll put ya up and bum a ski or two... then have at it! I think it's around 175 miles from the Statue of Liberty to the first northern lock.

+1
    Very Nice. I'm guessing you had to gas up at some point on the river. Were you able to find 90+ octane on the water? Sunday I did about 67 miles on the Hudson and Hackensack rivers.

John also has an open invitation to ride with us when he decides to visit the east coast, only now instead of letting him ride my 300, he'll be relegated to the fzs !

P.S. Maybe you didn't realize this but your in the Kawi section, nothing positive is allowed !

P.S.S. you can ride from NY up to canada across erie down the mighty miss to the gulf and back again. If i was independently wealthy and could afford the gas this would be ONE of my dream trips.

+1
    Gassed at Catskill's Riverview Marine. 89 there. We will have to ride sometime... where in NJ are you?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris288 View Post
    P.S. Maybe you didn't realize this but your in the Kawi section, nothing positive is allowed !
    You're right... what was I thinking?!!

+1
    I'm in clifton. u?

Gassed at Catskill's Riverview Marine. 89 there. We will have to ride sometime... where in NJ are you?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by j0e1016 View Post
    I'm in clifton. u?
    Saddle Brook... I'll pm you my #.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information