Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 46
  1. #1
    Jarrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Waxahachie, TX
    Posts
    3,011
    +1
    77

    Hey Yamaha! Here's an idea... VXR-X

    Just in case Yamaha reads the forum like SeaDoo does... here's an idea for you.

    Take a VXR, add trim and a 9lb. turbo setup to it (ECU limited to 1lb.) and market it as a stock class race machine. Similar to what SeaDoo did in 2008 with the RXP-X. That way the racers could do an ECU override and get the full boost. No clutches to fail! You would sell out of them. I'll buy the first one.


  2. #2
    r33pwrd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sammamish Washington
    Posts
    4,216
    +1
    360
    how about just a good clutch fix for the SHO motor first

  3. #3
    big john's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Cocoa Beach, Florida, United States
    Posts
    3,395
    +1
    598
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
    Just in case Yamaha reads the forum like SeaDoo does... here's an idea for you.

    Take a VXR, add trim and a 9lb. turbo setup to it (ECU limited to 1lb.) and market it as a stock class race machine. Similar to what SeaDoo did in 2008 with the RXP-X. That way the racers could do an ECU override and get the full boost. No clutches to fail! You would sell out of them. I'll buy the first one.
    Trim isn't going to fix the bounce, anything above 68 it starts, I'll be trying everything next week to minimize the bounce when i have my Farthing plate and keep that 75mph mark within reach, the hull wasn't built for tthose speeds were trying to reach.........IMO

  4. #4
    YAMAHA POWAAAA !!!!! 1_Fast_SHO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    3,144
    +1
    255
    the hull wasn't built for tthose speeds were trying to reach.........IMO[/QUOTE]

    Agree

  5. #5
    Jarrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Waxahachie, TX
    Posts
    3,011
    +1
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by big john View Post
    Trim isn't going to fix the bounce, anything above 68 it starts, I'll be trying everything next week to minimize the bounce when i have my Farthing plate and keep that 75mph mark within reach, the hull wasn't built for tthose speeds were trying to reach.........IMO
    You do know Jerry is going 83 MPH on this hull right? This week I was running in superman with the buzzer going off at 70 MPH and it was not bouncing. And I have no trim. I just want trim for holeshot and cornering, not top end.

  6. #6
    YAMAHA POWAAAA !!!!! 1_Fast_SHO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    3,144
    +1
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by big john View Post
    Trim isn't going to fix the bounce, anything above 68 it starts, I'll be trying everything next week to minimize the bounce when i have my Farthing plate and keep that 75mph mark within reach, the hull wasn't built for tthose speeds were trying to reach.........IMO
    You do know Jerry is going 83 MPH on this hull right? This week I was running in superman with the buzzer going off at 70 MPH and it was not bouncing. And I have no trim. I just want trim for holeshot and cornering, not top end.
    any hull will fly with $$$$$$$$$$$$, this is just not the right hull to haul ass, just saying.

  7. #7
    YAMAHA POWAAAA !!!!! 1_Fast_SHO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    3,144
    +1
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by r33pwrd View Post
    how about just a good clutch fix for the SHO motor first
    AGREE 150%

  8. +1 by:


  9. #8
    Yellow93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas, United States
    Posts
    2,429
    +1
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by r33pwrd View Post
    how about just a good clutch fix for the SHO motor first
    x 10000!

  10. #9
    Kristian Keppel Waterholics's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Posts
    1,405
    +1
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
    Just in case Yamaha reads the forum like SeaDoo does... here's an idea for you.

    Take a VXR, add trim and a 9lb. turbo setup to it (ECU limited to 1lb.) and market it as a stock class race machine. Similar to what SeaDoo did in 2008 with the RXP-X. That way the racers could do an ECU override and get the full boost. No clutches to fail! You would sell out of them. I'll buy the first one.
    Yamaha has bigger fish to fry right now.

  11. #10
    r33pwrd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sammamish Washington
    Posts
    4,216
    +1
    360

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
    I'll buy the first one.
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1728

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. hello, anyone here that may have an idea please respond
    By donnie in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-22-2009, 07:54 AM
  2. Here's an Odd Collection Of Coolant, hmm
    By Shibby1485 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-21-2007, 01:18 PM
  3. Here`s an Idea!
    By Pale Rider in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-17-2006, 11:14 PM
  4. Here's An Idea For All The Tuners.
    By ABBOTT in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-22-2006, 02:40 AM
  5. I had an IDEA! WOW!
    By Totallyblown in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-03-2006, 07:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •