Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Gtx di air pump pressure test

I am trying to find my lost 300 rpm's on my GTX DI. I tested the air pump for pressure and it is at 80 psi. The manual says 90 +- 2. So I opened the top of it and found a white slime inside. Does anyone know what this is? It cant be good for my fuel rail! You can see where I wiped it off with my finger. Is this an indication of water intake? Going to look at my fuel rail next.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3650.jpg 
Views:	422 
Size:	70.1 KB 
ID:	283022  

+1
    This DI's engine (at least here in the Island) tend to create that kind of moisture on the air lines over to the air inyectors on the rail. Is this craft ever got drowned or water ingested? Go ahead and clean up . also remove the air inyectors an clean the little filter (strainers) that the have carefully not to damage them. Also blow clean the air/fuel rai.

Just my .02

+1
    I had a bit of water in it this year when the pump was pumping water back into the hull. It did not sink but the water was high. Not sure if it was enough to intake. I will clean those injectors and rail out. Do you know if the air pump at 80 lbs would cause a issue with the rpm's?

+1
    Im not sure how much tolerance the air engine management system has, but I pulled my air compressor apart this weekend, and following the shop manual, inspected the reed valve assembly, replaced the gasket, and now my ski starts right up..

I also took a bit of ATF oil, and coated the inside of the piston sleeve, and top of the piston, wiping up the excess.. possibly a no-no, but ive seen ATF work wonders on helping cleaning up "stuff" .. like starting rotary motors with blown apex seals , etc..

+1
    im going out on a limb here.. but im guessing/assuming, that you might try to adjust the rave valves, in or out, and see if that makes a lot of difference.. my reasoning is that changing the adjustment pressure, might allow a lower compressed air "signal" to actually open them.. thats saying thats actually the issue.. but it might be something worth trying..

+1
    Thanks for the suggestions guys. I will try them this week!

+1
    Cold weather here in Michigan will push the test date back a bit. I am leaning to an air pump issue. The way I want to test it is to go for a run then back out my caps on my raves and see if I pick up any rpm's. If this checks out to the point that I am gaining rpm's while backing the caps out I will conclude a rebuild on my air pump is in order. I found it here: http://www.shopsbt.com/jetski/46-111X.html

+1
    Finally tested today. All that checking and working on the water regulator did nothing. I backed out the raves about 10 clicks and gained 100 rpms. Conclusion for next test, rebuild the air pump. Getting back that extra 10 lbs of compression should make the difference.

Anyone agree?

+1
    Yes , if its low at cranking speed this wont increase with revs . Check the ring end gap and the liner for scratches,grooves.If you find any metal powder/parts this may have traveled back into the oil reserve.May need to flush the oil lines ? If you remove the crank pin screw ALWAYS use a new one.

+1
    I had this problem with my 03 RXDI:
    With new plugs at 3/4 throttle it will run a steady 6200 - 6300 rpm @ 50mph. @ full throttle it will surge from 6900 - 6500 rpm and run 55 - 58 mph. It will climb to 6900 and fall to 6500 and climb to 6900 and fall to 6500. Then after 1/2 hr it would foul the plugs and barley hit 6000. Turned out to be a bad ingnition coil.
    If the air pump rebuild does not get you you rpms back try checking the coils.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information