Thread: MFD Face Plate

MFD Face Plate

I just repaired the MFD from my 785 Pro using the information on this forum, so thanks for the great idea/directions everyone who contributed!

I now have an MFD from a 96 SLTX 1050 that (surprisingly) works great. However, the face is very weather-beaten and the Mode rubber button is missing. Does anyone have an MFD that they cut open right behind the face plate and found the board to be blown? If so could I have (or buy) just the faceplate portion to put together with my good electronics to make a working, good-looking MFD?

I know I've read more than a few of you that found your MFD's blown and no good anymore, so let me know if you can help me out with this.

Thanks!

+1
    You can buy a face plate sticker on Ebay for $10.00 or less.

Sooo...how much for the 780? stimpsonjcat's Avatar
    +1
    I have a mode button (the rubber boot) you can have.

GH-ers,

The LCD screen for my Pro 785 turns out to be bad, must have leaked some fluid out over time. No matter what I do with the electrical connections, the screen will not light certain parts of the numbers, specifically on the lower right and left corners. The parts of the screen that are lit up are nice and dark, so I'm sure it's the LCD.

Does anyone have a good front portion of the MFD from a Pro 785 from when they cut it open? I know often the board is bad so the MFD isn't repairable, and I'm hoping someone kept the screen that I could just epoxy onto the front of my MFD case. I dremmeled mine off right where the bigger front portion meets the rest of the case so it's flush.

Let me know, and thanks for the help if you can give it!

Quote Originally Posted by Millertime44 View Post
    I just repaired the MFD from my 785 Pro using the information on this forum, so thanks for the great idea/directions everyone who contributed!

I now have an MFD from a 96 SLTX 1050 that (surprisingly) works great. However, the face is very weather-beaten and the Mode rubber button is missing. Does anyone have an MFD that they cut open right behind the face plate and found the board to be blown? If so could I have (or buy) just the faceplate portion to put together with my good electronics to make a working, good-looking MFD?

I know I've read more than a few of you that found your MFD's blown and no good anymore, so let me know if you can help me out with this.

Thanks!

Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
    i dont have on but did you try pushing it together while it was "awake" too see if it made the numbers appear? i remember reading that you can carefully tighten the screw to make the connection tighter may help? just throwin it out there

Cascivic, very good suggestion. I did everything I could think of to try to increase and even out the pressure on the screen, including scraping down some of the plastic supports to be sure the ones I needed were putting the most pressure on the LCD panel, but to no avail. Tried everything, she's shot.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by cascivic View Post
    i dont have on but did you try pushing it together while it was "awake" too see if it made the numbers appear? i remember reading that you can carefully tighten the screw to make the connection tighter may help? just throwin it out there

Thread Information