Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need tuning advice on 1100 wave venture three carb ski...carbs rebuilt...

OK, heres' the low down.....Took the ski's off, had my friend who owns a carb rebuild place clean them really well (ultrasonic and acid dip to clean them) Then my buddy who owns the ski with me got the rebuild kits (not minuki...I know, he got the cheaper ones...) and the ski would not even start.

Checked the lever for the needle and seat and sure enough the lever was not touching the needle wire. THey say don't bend it, but what can you do to resolve that issue. There is a lot of play there between the two.

The ski has a revised needle and seat so maybe that is the issue?

Anyway, adjusted (bent) the lever and got it to touch properly. Now ski starts up and seems to run fine.

Now I need tuning help on how to properly tune this. I know the book shows things their way, i'd rather go with lots of experience from you guys.

Can get it to the water this weekend and would like to tune it in somewhat.

Any help is appreciated.

About the lever, Can I run it like that or do I need to buy new ones, I dont see how that wears out....

Don

973-277-4294

nothing????

+1
    The only time the lever touches the clip on top of the needle is when you are choking it and the diaphragm tab pushes on the other end of the lever and when the throttle is more than half way open and the engine is pulling enough cfm of vacuum to pull the diaphragm against the lever then popoff pressure is not a factor.
    DO NOT BEND THE LEVER IT IS A TUNING ISSUE.

Since you used some other kit pressure test the carbs. you should do it anyway after rebuilding these carbs.

+1
    yep, pop off pressure needs to be tested.

If I'm reading this right, the needle should only be open when more than half throttle??? NOt can't be right. THe needle is what gives the fuel circuits its fuel. The needle would have to be able to move so that the engine can receive its fuel.

If i am wrong, please correct me....Is there some other fuel circuit that the low idle uses to bypass the needle and seat?

I dont't think so. but I could be very wrong, (not likely !! ) ha

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dontknowcrap View Post
    If I'm reading this right, the needle should only be open when more than half throttle??? NOt can't be right. THe needle is what gives the fuel circuits its fuel. The needle would have to be able to move so that the engine can receive its fuel.

If i am wrong, please correct me....Is there some other fuel circuit that the low idle uses to bypass the needle and seat?

I dont't think so. but I could be very wrong, (not likely !! ) ha
    Yes you read it WRONG we were talking about the clip on top of the needle seat!!! PAY ATTENTION. you will learn something.

+1
    If you are not willing to try to understand what people are trying to tell you to help you with your question you should try the search tool. there is a wealth of info on these carbs. out there and OSIDEBILL has a lot of great info out there.

These carbs. don't work like your brigs & strat. it takes an average of 45# or more or less for the pump to open the needle seat depending on the carb. Do a search and learn a little about these carbs. it will help you to understand a little bit about how they work..........

sorry to be a newbie.....been really busy with work and caring for my mom with stage 4 breast cancer...don't have a lot of time to search. so sorry about that., guess look for help elsewhere.

not trying to be a pain in the ass.....just trying to understand how these carbs work since I can do a holley all day long but never worked on these. Some of the stuff I searched did not answer the issues I was having.

Again, just trying to save some time

The only time the lever touches the clip on top of the needle is when you are choking it and the diaphragm tab pushes on the other end of the lever and when the throttle is more than half way open and the engine is pulling enough cfm of vacuum to pull the diaphragm against the lever then popoff pressure is not a factor.
    DO NOT BEND THE LEVER IT IS A TUNING ISSUE.

What do you mean by choking it....the choke itself??? trying to learn here

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information