Thread: Neil Armstrong

Neil Armstrong

US Navy personnel carry the cremains of Apollo 11 astronaut Neil Armstrong during a burial at sea service aboard the USS Philippine Sea (CG 58 ), Friday, Sept. 14, 2012, in the Atlantic Ocean.

"One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind." This was said on a lunar surface by a proud American. God Speed!! Please don't forget he served in the U.S. Navy during the Korean War and flew 78 missions during combat.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	408469_10151050950768091_1388478598_n.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	35.9 KB 
ID:	283148  

Full Throttle or Broke!!! UNSANE's Avatar
    The biggest testicles and brains ever in the history of human existence. He had so many near death experiences that he worked his way out of long before his legendary lunar landing. His passing has brought the average IQ of the planet down about 20 points.

I have a very special personal photo of him and his family. My GF used to Office Manage a high end restaurant in Cocoa Beach that many astronauts frequented, including Neil and Buzz. The Chef, Silvestro, was kind of a "rock star", so many people came to that restaurant because of him. Neil, his wife, kids and grandkids posed for a photo in front of a Shuttle on the pad at night and sent it to Silvestro, who in turn gave me a digital copy as a gift. I've resisted posting or sharing it out of fear that people would copy/paste it. But I look at it quite often these days.

I am deeply disturbed that he did not live to see others walk on the moon and who knows how long that will be now.

Thread Information