Sea doo or yamaha

I am looking to buy a new or newer 4 stroke ski. 2010 and newer. What is the better more reliable ski to own. from what I have noticed, Sea Doos have more gadgets than Yamaha's but I have noticed most rentals use Yamaha's. All info would be much appreciated!

+1
    Yamaha tends to outlast the rest, but with proper maintinance on a seadoo they will keep up with the Yamaha, you have to take the good with the not so Bad in this case and weigh it out, I own the best of both worlds and I love both there are pros and cons to each of them

+1
    If reliability is your thing, than skip the SC models. Both companies naturally aspirated models are very reliable. That said, both of their SC models have a few more issues.

It depends on what you are looking for in a ski. For myself I bought my very first ski this year,after looking at Yamaha then sea doo it was a no brainier for me,the IBR on the doo is great,and the closed loop cooling is the best way to cool the engine,no sucking up nasty lake or sea water to cool it,and I think sea doo has the best looking skis out there.The rental places get yamahas because of the price

Quote Originally Posted by taz01 View Post
    It depends on what you are looking for in a ski. For myself I bought my very first ski this year,after looking at Yamaha then sea doo it was a no brainier for me,the IBR on the doo is great,and the closed loop cooling is the best way to cool the engine,no sucking up nasty lake or sea water to cool it,and I think sea doo has the best looking skis out there.The rental places get yamahas because of the price
    Yamerhammers cost more when comparing apples to apples. I agree that Doos look good and the braking feature is awesome. I am just wondering with all those added features that they are more trouble prone. Plus trying to compete with the horse power war out of a three cyl is more stress on an engine.

Thread Information