Talking Wow... It finally hooked up today!!! 98 GP1200

Allright, many of you have seen some of my threads for the past year... Today, it finally all came together and I felt the full power of the GP1200.. Have been having probs with the carbs and rebuilt those a coupla times with the recs by the guys on this board..Put on the R&D ride plate and intake, block oil pump, etc...... But felt I was not quite getting all out of the 1200. Last time out saw lots of water in the bilge and upon investigation found the bilge hose broken letting water straight into the ski.. Replaced that entire assembly with a Ebay buy. Thought I was getting cavitation cuz it would rev high with very little speed until it hooked up... Pulled the impeller out and measured .8 clearance with the stock unit... Ordered Solas YD-SC-XO and new wear ring assembly and installed. OMG, what a difference.. Have to hold on tight from the holeshot... Also, no more severe porpoising due to the weight of the water in the bilge. I actually enjoyed riding this ski today much better than the 96 Waveraider..

Long story, but really wanted to say thanks to all who helped over the past year with my posts.. Going to try to take it out at least once more before the season ends..

B. Holt
    Western North Carolina

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMTS View Post
    Allright, many of you have seen some of my threads for the past year... Today, it finally all came together and I felt the full power of the GP1200.. Have been having probs with the carbs and rebuilt those a coupla times with the recs by the guys on this board..Put on the R&D ride plate and intake, block oil pump, etc...... But felt I was not quite getting all out of the 1200. Last time out saw lots of water in the bilge and upon investigation found the bilge hose broken letting water straight into the ski.. Replaced that entire assembly with a Ebay buy. Thought I was getting cavitation cuz it would rev high with very little speed until it hooked up... Pulled the impeller out and measured .8 clearance with the stock unit... Ordered Solas YD-SC-XO and new wear ring assembly and installed. OMG, what a difference.. Have to hold on tight from the holeshot... Also, no more severe porpoising due to the weight of the water in the bilge. I actually enjoyed riding this ski today much better than the 96 Waveraider..

Long story, but really wanted to say thanks to all who helped over the past year with my posts.. Going to try to take it out at least once more before the season ends..

B. Holt
    Western North Carolina
    Nice going,only two more rides after all that work.

+1
    That's great news NCMTS!! Glad we could help

+1
    Fantastic!!!

I didn't help at all but I sure learned some good things from your threads, so I say thanks to you and everyone who took the time to help you.

Thread Information