Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wave Venture Idle Problems after swtiching to Pre Mix!!

Alright guys I need a little help, I'm new to the site but have done a little searching and have come up with nothing. I've got a 97 wave venture 1100 just switched it over to premix and when i start it now the ski begins at a low idle and then gets higher and higher, def not where it should be..

I wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this and had to adjust the idle screw after switching to premix or am I missing something here. I have double and triple checked all of the wires and hoses I think I messed with. Thanks in advance...

+1
    Switching to premix does lean out the engine a little bit. the oil does displace some gas so some adjustment is likely needed.

Ok, I did think about that. Just didn't know if it would be enough to displace needing an idle change. I'll see about backing it down a half turn or so.

The ski is now cured, a little idle adjustment and some fresh gas (the tank was extremely low) and she purrs again! It is also for sale http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/boa/3280318962.html

Well I take that last post back... I let it run for a bit and its still doing the same thing. So I posted a video to Youtube so that maybe ya'll can help me. In the video I did say the gas is sticking, I did not mean that the throttle was actually sticking but that's sounded like it was doing. The throttle comes all the way back to the idle adj screw everytime. So here is the link:

+1
    ski on then turn the water on, water off then turn the ski off. That's the method for running on the hose. Pull those spark plugs and crank the motor to make sure there is no water in the engine. Doesnt seem like it because its running but you can backfill your engine on the hose the way you were doing it.

now why did you change it to premix? Was the ski 100% fine before doing so?

did you remove the throttle cable or choke cable while removing the oil pump cable? Also did you have the airbox off to put the plugs where the oil lines were? It sounds like a gasket somewhere on the carbs or they need a rebuild

+1
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh...Make me cringe watching that. Like crashhard said, NEVER have the water hose on without the engine running. The water can pool in the exhaust and backfill into the engine cylinders and crankcase.

Empty fuel systems/carbs can do that. Or air leaks into the fuel lines (for example through a primer). Maybe a misadjusted idle speed screw. Or a lean/super lean condition caused by an air leak.
    You'll probably wanna rule out an air leak, which is tough to do with the engine in the ski. Read through these threads for ideas:
    Pressure Testing Two Stroke Engines

GP1200 65U pressure test
    pressure Testing a 65U SUV
    Pressure Testing

Quote Originally Posted by crashhard View Post
    ski on then turn the water on, water off then turn the ski off. That's the method for running on the hose. Pull those spark plugs and crank the motor to make sure there is no water in the engine. Doesnt seem like it because its running but you can backfill your engine on the hose the way you were doing it.

now why did you change it to premix? Was the ski 100% fine before doing so?

did you remove the throttle cable or choke cable while removing the oil pump cable? Also did you have the airbox off to put the plugs where the oil lines were? It sounds like a gasket somewhere on the carbs or they need a rebuild

Good to know, I did pull the plugs just after that and 2 were wet one was dry. I went to premix because of all of the stories of people dropping cylinders after an oil line popped off or oil pump failure. It has a primer kit installed, no choke cable. With everything together I can spray carb cleaner all around all 3 carbs with no difference in rpm's so I don't think it is a gasket.

+1
    how long have you owned and ridden the ski?

Once out on the lake and it bogged some, but also we tubed and skied. I've had it about a month

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information