Authorized dealer Nivado in Sweden using China-parts

2 years ago, I bought the new Sea-Doo RXT-iS from the Swedish dealer Nivado, which is one of the biggest authorized dealers in Scandinavia.
    Since these watercrafts come's with a two-year guarantee, I figured I would Nivado handle all of the services and storagepreperations, because this is what is needed to keep the guarantee.

So for the last two years I've let them do all the work needed the keep the guarantee, which includes the very expensive supercharger service.

This summer, when the PWC turned two years, the guarantee was no longer valid, so I figured that I should do the annual service myself.
    I bought a servicekit from another authorized dealer that is located closer to my workshop.

While doing this service, I did a very unpleasant discovery when I was comparing the oilfilter that I just bought and the one installed in my scooter.

I will post some pictures showing what I mean.
    These pictures shows you how the oilfilter installed in the scooter looked when i removed it, which Nivado installed the year before.
    Name:  urmonterat.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  52.5 KB

Name:  skruv i.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  40.2 KB
    Name:  kopia ihoptryckt utsida.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  57.4 KB

Name:  kopia ihoptryckt.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  43.3 KB

And here is a picture of a brand new Original filter.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rotax.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	282611

As you can see, the one installed is very deformed. I can, when comparing these two, notice a big difference in the thickness of the "paperwalls" and also the amount of holes and thickness of the perforated aluminumtube inside the filter. The one installed is much weaker than the original part.

The most significant difference is that there is no text on either side of the filter installed in my scooter, compared to the Rotax orginal which has some text on it and which is normal for orginal parts.

So, does this authorized dealer install filters that is'nt orginal parts? What would have happend if my PWC had some damage to the engine during the time of warranty, with this filter installed? Would the guarantee cover it?

What do you guys think of this? How should I go on with this?
    Last edited by K447; 09-16-2012 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Moved from Shop tools, etc forum

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    near Toronto, Canada
    Thread moved to Seadoo forum.

To much is never enough Badvgood's Avatar

Thread Information