787 fuel inected to carb?

I have a 95 GTS with a 787 and it is locked up on the bottom end. I just recently got a complete 787 fuel injected motor from a crashed 2001 GTS. For simplicity, I would like to pull the dead 787 from the 95 GTS and put the 787 fuel inected one in without all the fuel injection. Basically, I want to put my top end from the carb model on to the fuel injected model. Do these parts interchange at all. The fuel injected looks silver in color and the dead motor is white. I was told you can't interchange motors of different colors even with the same cc. It might be a pain the rear to convert it to fuel injection in the 95 because I'll need to program another dss, fuel injection hoses were cut and a number of other things. So any advice on making this work will be greatly appreciated

+1
    The top end should bolt on. The problem would be the flywheel and mag cup. The tappers are different shapes.

Quote Originally Posted by kecheme View Post
    The top end should bolt on. The problem would be the flywheel and mag cup. The tappers are different shapes.

Dang, I just got around to this project again after dropping it for another. Finished that project, now I'm back to this one, thanks for the response. I need to set my mail to be notified for a reply................... Ok, so the top end of the carbed motor will bolt on to the bottom end of the FI motor. What is the mag cup and what are the tappers? I've done only top end jobs on the 787's and that's as far as I've gone. Thanks again for any help.

+1
    sell the RFI and buy the carberated parts you need. You will make $$ and it will much easier do this. Make sure you actually have what you say you have as seadoo did not make a 95 GTS 787 carb model or an 02 GTS rfi.

+1
    +1 with jim. Not to mention the fact that any '95 model will require glassing in the proper mounts to even start bolting in a 787.

+1
    The only ski made in 95 that had a 787 was the XP and that was only in the very late 95 model. GTS had a 587 and GTX had a 717.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    the cranks are different. the rfi motor is worth good money..sell it and rebuild your engine.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    The only ski made in 95 that had a 787 was the XP and that was only in the very late 95 model. GTS had a 587 and GTX had a 717.
    The 95 gtx had a 657x engine, close to a 717 in HP tho.

Let me double check the year on that ski. Also, this is not an RFI motor, the RFI motors are the 951's correct? I have a 787 with fuel injection (silver in color) from a wrecked ski (that's the one I'll double check the year). I'm trying to use the top end of a carbed 787 (white motor) and bolt it on to the bottom end of the silver 787 motor. Been busy as hell on a 75 nova with a big block, just finished it, so I'm about to dive in to this ski project. Thanks, keep the suggestions coming.

Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post
    sell the RFI and buy the carberated parts you need. You will make $$ and it will much easier do this. Make sure you actually have what you say you have as seadoo did not make a 95 GTS 787 carb model or an 02 GTS rfi.

+1
    Would the RFI be able to be adapted to my 95 xp800?

Thread Information