Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 57
  1. #1

    FX HO vs. FX SHO

    Hi Guys,

    I'm thinking you can help me make up my mind.

    I'm dealing with two dealers that have these discounted as 2012 leftovers.

    There is a $900 price difference, although the FX SHO is a Demo with 1 Hour on it (I'm worried about break-in having been followed. The SHO is also a Cruiser for what its worth.

    Is the SHO that much better performing? Is the NA that much more reliable?


  2. #2
    Dramabeats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    College Station, TX
    Posts
    128
    +1
    2
    The supercharged ski will be slightly less reliable/more upkeep and will use more gas. Those are the only disadvantages really, the n/a motor sips gas and is super reliable in my opinion.

  3. #3
    YoYamma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    21,598
    +1
    4,805
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmwarren View Post
    Hi Guys,

    I'm thinking you can help me make up my mind.

    I'm dealing with two dealers that have these discounted as 2012 leftovers.

    There is a $900 price difference, although the FX SHO is a Demo with 1 Hour on it (I'm worried about break-in having been followed. The SHO is also a Cruiser for what its worth.

    Is the SHO that much better performing? Is the NA that much more reliable?
    I would get the SHO, they are both extremely reliable as stock setups, and you can get a 5 year warranty from Yamaha. Of course the SHO is worth more; the SHO will hit almost 67 mph out of the box, vs. the HO which topped out in tests at about 62.5 mph; that may not sound like a lot but on the water in the world of PWC that's a big difference. The only real advantage to the HO is you will get a few more miles to the tank...

    2012 SHO
    http://www.boattest.com/boats/boat_video.aspx?id=2588

    2012 FX HO
    http://www.boattest.com/boats/boat_video.aspx?id=2599

  4. #4
    Thanks for the input!

    Does any one think the 1 Demo hour is anything to worry about?


    Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmwarren View Post
    Hi Guys,

    I'm thinking you can help me make up my mind.

    I'm dealing with two dealers that have these discounted as 2012 leftovers.

    There is a $900 price difference, although the FX SHO is a Demo with 1 Hour on it (I'm worried about break-in having been followed. The SHO is also a Cruiser for what its worth.

    Is the SHO that much better performing? Is the NA that much more reliable?
    I would get the SHO, they are both extremely reliable as stock setups, and you can get a 5 year warranty from Yamaha. Of course the SHO is worth more; the SHO will hit almost 67 mph out of the box, vs. the HO which topped out in tests at about 62.5 mph; that may not sound like a lot but on the water in the world of PWC that's a big difference. The only real advantage to the HO is you will get a few more miles to the tank...

    2012 SHO
    http://www.boattest.com/boats/boat_video.aspx?id=2588

    2012 FX HO
    http://www.boattest.com/boats/boat_video.aspx?id=2599

  5. #5
    Jarrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Waxahachie, TX
    Posts
    3,011
    +1
    77
    This thread and the threads linked inside of it are worth a read:

    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=186305

  6. #6
    Having Fun jp1300r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,334
    +1
    261
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmwarren View Post
    Hi Guys,

    I'm thinking you can help me make up my mind.

    I'm dealing with two dealers that have these discounted as 2012 leftovers.

    There is a $900 price difference, although the FX SHO is a Demo with 1 Hour on it (I'm worried about break-in having been followed. The SHO is also a Cruiser for what its worth.

    Is the SHO that much better performing? Is the NA that much more reliable?
    Are you mainly going to be cruising on it, pulling a tube?

    I am trying to make the same decision right now. I already have a 90+ mph ski, so leaning to the FX-HO. Planning on using it for a cruising ski, storage+, cruise control+, great ride in rough stuff+. Money down here is $1500 between N/A vs SC'ed. Thats gas for a year or two to me.

  7. #7
    YoYamma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    21,598
    +1
    4,805
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
    This thread and the threads linked inside of it are worth a read:

    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=186305
    With all due respect, polls like that are basically worthless.
    There simply isn't enough data to draw anything from it, and the problem is you end up involving setups moving at over 80 mph pushing a consumer product far beyond the manufacturer's intentions.

  8. #8
    Neighborhood Superman SlowStang305's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,324
    +1
    7
    Ive had both. The SHO is more fun because of the acceleration. The FX HO is more reliable because no more clutches FTW LOL

  9. #9
    Yellow93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas, United States
    Posts
    2,429
    +1
    122

    Are you mainly going to be cruising on it, pulling a tube?

    I am trying to make the same decision right now. I already have a 90+ mph ski, so leaning to the FX-HO. Planning on using it for a cruising ski, storage+, cruise control+, great ride in rough stuff+. Money down here is $1500 between N/A vs SC'ed. Thats gas for a year or two to me.
    Since you already have a fast ski and just want cruising and storage etc. I would get the HO!

  10. #10
    Jarrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Waxahachie, TX
    Posts
    3,011
    +1
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
    This thread and the threads linked inside of it are worth a read:

    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=186305
    With all due respect, polls like that are basically worthless.
    There simply isn't enough data to draw anything from it, and the problem is you end up involving setups moving at over 80 mph pushing a consumer product far beyond the manufacturer's intentions.
    It's just a starting point. Little more research and you start finding a lot of info on the current reliability of the Yami SC's.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2009 FX HO vs 2009 FX SHO Fuel consumption
    By smittyj01 in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-09-2010, 05:18 AM
  2. FX SHO vs. FX HO?
    By Bostonfan32 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 04-01-2010, 12:30 PM
  3. Quickness difference 2008 FX HO vs SHO
    By skeeterzx225 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-23-2009, 04:56 PM
  4. 09 FX HO vs SHO
    By inothome in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-01-2009, 12:27 PM
  5. '08 FX HO vs. '08 SHO
    By jwafer21 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-03-2008, 12:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •