HELP! Tube from fogging oil can fell into supercharger.

I have a 2008 Ultra 250X. While getting the ski ready for storage, I was lubricating the supercharger with fogging oil. That little red tube on the end of the sprayer fell inside the supercharger. I tried a vacuum, and other means of pick up but cannot find it. I don't think this would be good for the engine. Is there an easy way to get this out. Thanks for any help.

+1
    Not sure what it looks like, but try a coat hanger with a piece of double-sided tape.

Steve, Thanks for responding. I finally got it out with the vacuum. I first hooked up my shop vac to the supercharger hose. It created a lot of vacuum (almost collpasing the hose) but didn't work. I did try tape on a probe. Didn't work. I finally got about a 1/4 inch wide tubing. Hooked it up to a smaller shop vac. I was able to thread the smaller hose deeper into the supercharger. After moving it around for a while the piece came out. That was a lesson learned for me. Never again. I just hold the spray can as close as possible and spray away.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jcblade View Post
    Steve, Thanks for responding. I finally got it out with the vacuum. I first hooked up my shop vac to the supercharger hose. It created a lot of vacuum (almost collpasing the hose) but didn't work. I did try tape on a probe. Didn't work. I finally got about a 1/4 inch wide tubing. Hooked it up to a smaller shop vac. I was able to thread the smaller hose deeper into the supercharger. After moving it around for a while the piece came out. That was a lesson learned for me. Never again. I just hold the spray can as close as possible and spray away.
    good job getting it back.
    I dont know if you are removing the inlet hose to spray or are you spraying through a self made hole?
    If you are going through a small hole!
    put a large zip tie on you spray tube, this way if it comes off the zip tie will not fit through the hole.
    If you spraying down the inlet hose.
    get some fuel hose from a hobby store. Used for petrol powered car,planes etc.
    zip tie the tube in one end and another tube in the other.
    Make if 600 - 800mm long, make it almost imposible to lose the hose.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20120913_213906_001.jpg 
Views:	351 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	283410  

I remove the inlet hose to spray. I like what you've made. That would work perfect. Thanks for the tip.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jcblade View Post
    I remove the inlet hose to spray. I like what you've made. That would work perfect. Thanks for the tip.
    dont bother removing the hose , just drill a small hole in the intake hose that faces towards the SC, no need to cover it up at all ,
    it just becomes a easy way to fog and fast

Waz
    I like that idea. Seems simple and practical. Do you have a photo of that? Thanks.

+1
    this is what i have done for others, the valve holds the straw from dropping in. what waz is saying is just pierce a hole and leave it uncovered as its going to be that small and not cause any issues. you can you choose to use the riser tube or just mount the valve direct. total cost about .90cents from a garden mist spray system.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-02-02 18.36.52.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	85.7 KB 
ID:	284042   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-02-02 18.36.43.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	83.8 KB 
ID:	284043  

Thread Information