Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Problems 07 STX-12f

I am having problems with my jetski, It is a 07 STX-12F. Recently whenever I am riding full speed (6.5 RPM) It will cut back to 4.5 -5.5 RPM dropping speed from 55-ish to 45. Besides this the jet ski has also been dieing. I will be riding and stop to talk to a friend (jet ski still idling) and as I attempt to throttle up it will go to about 12 mph and die. The stator was checked and was functioning correctly, and the battery is brand new. We brought the ski in to be looked at by a Kawasaki dealer but they found nothing to be wrong and told us just to charge the battery every night. The first time that did work, but it still cut speed at times, now however, it wouldn't even get up to 35 without dieing. I tried to ride back to the trailer and it wouldn't even go to 8mph or 2.5 RPM without vibrating hard and dieing. The sound has been very rough and it is vibrating a lot. We took it back to the dealer to be worked on but we couldn't even get it to start. It was turning over but wouldn't fire. The battery is full charge. Any help?

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1

Re: Problems 07 STX-12f

Check fuel pressure and look for exhaust leaks, replace spark plugs and check idle control valve.

Sean

Does that explain why the battery drains randomly. It will drain a full battery to dead in 2 days. The stator is charging it though but it still drains. any help there?

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1

Re: Problems 07 STX-12f

Does the display stay on while the ski is off?

Sean

you the original owner ?

has the ski been fliped over ?

does the display have moisture in it ?

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    There are a couple of potebtial problems with this ski.
    1. Look at the ECU and see what the last 2 numbers are on it. The ECU is located on the right side of the ski right under the where the engine compartment ends and there is a transition piece that goes across before the rear bucket that has your fire extinguisher in it.
    2. Check the compression.
    3. How old is the fuel?
    4. What do the plugs look like?
    5. Do you turn off the battery switch in the glove compartment when not in use? Verify it works when off by putting lanyard on should be no power to the display.
    6. How old is the battery?
    Check these 6 things and report back. Give any history known about this ski also, # of hours, maintenance, etc.\
    Oh yeah, this doesn't belong in 2 stroke area.
    Last edited by rlovebk; 09-17-2012 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rlovebk View Post
    There are a couple of potebtial problems with this ski.
    1. Look at the ECU and see what the last 2 numbers are on it. The ECU is located on the right side of the ski right under the where the engine compartment ends and there is a transition piece that goes across before the rear bucket that has your fire extinguisher in it.
    2. Check the compression.
    3. How old is the fuel?
    4. What do the plugs look like?
    5. Do you turn off the battery switch in the glove compartment when not in use? Verify it works when off by putting lanyard on should be no power to the display.
    6. How old is the battery?
    Check these 6 things and report back. Give any history known about this ski also, # of hours, maintenance, etc.\
    Oh yeah, this doesn't belong in 2 stroke area.
    1) can't check at the moment
    Fuel is brand new and the spark plugs are also brand new. The battery was just bought less then 90 days ago. I do turn off the ski when not in use and the display does turn off when he lanyard is in and the ski off.

@123456
    Ski has never flipped over.

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    OK,
    So eliminated 3 out of 6. Go with the other 3.
    Also look and see if little plastic clear bulbs on airbox are clean.
    History of ski? The more info you provide the more we can help you.

9. +1 by:

your relay may be sticking in the on position causing a drain, unplug it overnight to see if drain still there, have you tested the fuel pressure while riding and prob occurs ?

rlovebk how did the info on the early ecm's come about, have'nt seen anyone else post with that info, i ask because my ecm ends in 28 ?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information