New RXP or Mod '05 RXP

I am the original owner of a fresh water '05 RXP with 320 hrs. and is completely stock. The supercharger clutch was replaced under warranty with 50 hrs on it and the ski still runs good, looks good but is starting to need some things done to it like needing the pump bearings and seals replaced, new prop, and the pump housing has all the fins broke off so that probably needs replacement. Can anyone advise whether it makes sense to dump money into this to fix those items and then upgrade the engine, etc. to get the speeds into the mid 70's with a killer hole shot or am I better off getting a new RXP-X and have a warranty again. I've read about the valve failures and assume I'm on borrowed time there. Thanks for any advice.

+1

New RXP or Mod '05 RXP

If I am reading this correctly you have had the supercharger washers done at 50 hours and you are now on 320 hours I would be looking at a supercharger rebuild as soon as possible before I did anything else.

I have a 07 RXP and love it, however if I had the money I would move to a new RXP-X

Quote Originally Posted by oz_speed View Post
    If I am reading this correctly you have had the supercharger washers done at 50 hours and you are now on 320 hours I would be looking at a supercharger rebuild as soon as possible before I did anything else.

I have a 07 RXP and love it, however if I had the money I would move to a new RXP-X
    I guess I didn't really realize 320 was a lot of hours. A friend of mine has an Ultra 150 with 800+ hrs on the original engine! Rather than doing a bunch of work on the '05, it seems like with all the various improvement made to the hull, the inco valves, etc. trade this one before something 'bad' happens to it. Anyone else have more thoughts?

+1
    If your end goal is to have an ski that goes mid 70's with a great hole shot you are going to have to mod either ski so you wouldn't have a warranty. It would take less mods for you to get an RXP-X into the mid 70's, but for the additional cost of buying an RXP-X you could easily be well over 75 if you wanted to with your RXP. If it was me I would do the pump bearings and seals in your RXP, grind smooth your fins in your pump housing, sell the stock supercharger and get a supercharger off an RXP-X on the classifieds, get a 14/19 or 15/20 solas prop and bend it to get the RPM's right, install 42" injectors, and get a Fizzle air intake. That should get you close to what you are looking for without spending anywhere near as much as you would to get a new RXP-X and get it to 75. That is pretty much what I have done to my ski and it is a blast to ride and is a world different from a stock RXP.

Thread Information