Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

09 rxpx vts problems ( minimal movement)

I just bought the rxpx last night. it has 27 hours on it and i realized that the vts on the dash wasent working, its either the top light is lit or the bottom light. Nothing in the middle.. brought it to the dealership they hooked it to the buds program ran a test and the nozzle moved all the way up and all the way down with the computer test but he couldnt get it to work with the vts botton. anybody have any ideas?? its stuck all the way at the bottom killing top speed!!! (it is the pump not just the dash) thanks.....Mike

+1
    Bad VTS module/motor in back I bet. On mine a 09PX also, I think water made its way in past the boot on the VTS. The motor looked bad and I replaced it, but had to replace the whole VTS to fix it afterall. Have the dealer plug a known good one in and try it. You don't need to install one to check it.

i dont think it could be the motor as it worked perfectly when he tested it with the buds system,, module maybe?

+1
    The dealer verified that the rest of the system works so you need to check out anything that BUDS doesn't. Check the condition of the switches and the switch wiring.

To much is never enough Badvgood's Avatar
    +1
    You have 3 wires from the VTS switch, Green with a white trace, blue with a white trace and a black. Check the connections for these in the plug under the front hood. If you have a meter check the continuity to and from the switch with the button pressed up / down etc. My guess would be a problem in the connector or loom or the switch itself. Easy repair to do so no need to spend $$$ at the stealership.

someone told me it could be software bc the pump does move a tiny bit but its all the way at the bottom setting. if i do the double tap on the switch the pump shutters between 2 spots, total bottom and one click up it looks like. and the gauge flashes from the very top spot to the very bottom spot.but the pump is not moving to the top. dont know if this is any help just throwing it out there.

Autism Speaks. Its Time To Listen gOt BoOsT's Avatar
    +1
    same with mine...i get top setting, bottom setting and one middle setting. not sure if its the vts motor or the 83mm nozzle i put on causing the lack of adjustment

i have stock nozzle and no middle setting. and if u look at the pump its deffff not a top and bottom setting but a bottom and one from bottom setting.

+1
    VTS assy. needed.

+1
    Changing the nozzle will not have any effect on the VTS. The limits on up or down travel are established as the unit bottoms out and the electrical resistance increases. As JP stated, the VTS unit is most likely bad, not getting a true reading and sending a bad signal. Put a direct power source to the motor, if it runs OK the unit is bad.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information