+1

Old School Potential

I am glad we have our section of the forum. This section is filled with knowledgeable people who want to make the GP & Raider faster. I feel these ski's have never been given the chance to reach their full potential. I feel this way for two main reasons.

1. The GP1200 & Raider 1100 only had a combined production run of 5 years. When comparing this to the GPR, this means the aftermarket and tuners did not have as long to figure these ski's out before many potential buyers of these ski's ended up buying a GPR, or a previous GP or Raider owner moved on to a GPR. People are still buying GPR's because they are a good platform and this is the only fast ski Yamaha has made for 7 years.

2. Back in 95-99, forums like Greenhulk.net did not exist. Yes there were forums back then, but none that are filled with the knowledge that we have. Back then it was more about Sh*t talking and less about going faster.

Today there are more powerful ski's available, but these machines weigh much more. We still have a very good power to weight ratio. In fact my ski has very close to the same power to weight ratio as an RXP and Ultra250X.

The speed is in the hulls, this has been proven with the GPR and it is no different for us. I am itching to test some new things on my ski. March will be a busy month for me.

One other thing about the Old School Ski's that is unique is evident by the picture in my Avatar. By trimming up and grabbing a handful of throttle, I get airborne. Try that on an Ultra 250X.

Talking

FUN FACTOR….. Why else would someone spend $13,000 on a 94 hull to only go 75 mph.

+1
    I love that Raider of yours. It is a beautiful machine and fast. So what does it feel like going 75 on a Raider hull?

Don't know yet, I haven't ridden the beast with the new motor. Have only gone 64 with the twin 760.

+1
    That should be interesting. How much horsepower do you think your 1200 Raider is putting out? I'm thinking between 170-180?

When I first got the WR's, I tryed to intigrate the latest tech info from the GPR's, to make them faster.. same thing with the GP now... I was the brunt of some humor, in reguards to making the WR faster, no big deal....I knew there was more speed on the table with the old ski... Most of the guys here on GHPF, have helped me with this effort...!!! (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!,THANKS)I do think that the 'forgotten' hulls will be faster.Read what GROUP K has done so far to reestablish the old ski's potential
    Last edited by w/rpm500; 02-07-2007 at 12:43 PM.

Thread Information