Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35
  1. #1

    300x Misfiring Any Suggestions?

    Hi, I have a completely stock 2011 300x. The ski has 30 hours, always flushed looked after etc run on shell super unleaded fuel. The ski has been to my dealer for the run in service at 10 hours, service at 15 hours prior to winterise, exhaust filter checked by dealer at 24 hours new plugs fitted at this point.

    Last weekend and 3 weeks before the sam hinge happened.

    Got to ramp, run ski n tick over for approx 5-8 minutes went to get ski on plane and it misfires and continues to do so when you pull the throttle for about 3 or 4 minutes. The misfire then clears and ski rubs fine for the rest of the trip.

    I have contacted my dealer they are going to take a look, does anyone have any suggestions?

    Your views would be appreciated

    Thanks.


  2. #2
    Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Old Hickory,Tn
    Posts
    5,446
    +1
    650
    I have no idea, but why would you pull the throttle for 3 to 4 minutes when it isnt running right? Thats just asking for bigger problems.....

  3. #3
    Self Confessed Day Dreamer toomanytoys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,932
    +1
    151
    Start with the simple stuff.

    Sounds like a faulty spark plug.

    There could be water or crap in your fuel.

    Not likely, but double check that exhaust filter again.

    Cheers, Mal.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Danbury CT
    Posts
    76
    Sounds like it's the Spark Plugs.

  5. #5
    nicjak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Warragul, Downunder
    Posts
    7,794
    +1
    625
    yep plugs....

  6. #6
    Vman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,363
    +1
    339
    Quote Originally Posted by tdub View Post
    Hi, I have a completely stock 2011 300x. The ski has 30 hours, always flushed looked after etc run on shell super unleaded fuel. The ski has been to my dealer for the run in service at 10 hours, service at 15 hours prior to winterise, exhaust filter checked by dealer at 24 hours new plugs fitted at this point.

    Last weekend and 3 weeks before the sam hinge happened.

    Got to ramp, run ski n tick over for approx 5-8 minutes went to get ski on plane and it misfires and continues to do so when you pull the throttle for about 3 or 4 minutes. The misfire then clears and ski rubs fine for the rest of the trip.

    I have contacted my dealer they are going to take a look, does anyone have any suggestions?

    Your views would be appreciated

    Thanks.
    I'm gonna say not to discount that the IC might need cleaning.

  7. #7
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    LA/oc
    Posts
    3,911
    +1
    129

    300x Misfiring Any Suggestions?

    Plugs.

  8. #8
    nicjak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Warragul, Downunder
    Posts
    7,794
    +1
    625
    really you would have to be joking right? a dirty i/c is not going to cause an intermittant misfire

    Quote Originally Posted by Vman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tdub View Post
    Hi, I have a completely stock 2011 300x. The ski has 30 hours, always flushed looked after etc run on shell super unleaded fuel. The ski has been to my dealer for the run in service at 10 hours, service at 15 hours prior to winterise, exhaust filter checked by dealer at 24 hours new plugs fitted at this point.

    Last weekend and 3 weeks before the sam hinge happened.

    Got to ramp, run ski n tick over for approx 5-8 minutes went to get ski on plane and it misfires and continues to do so when you pull the throttle for about 3 or 4 minutes. The misfire then clears and ski rubs fine for the rest of the trip.

    I have contacted my dealer they are going to take a look, does anyone have any suggestions?

    Your views would be appreciated

    Thanks.
    I'm gonna say not to discount that the IC might need cleaning.

  9. #9
    Vman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,363
    +1
    339
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    really you would have to be joking right? a dirty i/c is not going to cause an intermittant misfire

    Quote Originally Posted by Vman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tdub View Post
    Hi, I have a completely stock 2011 300x. The ski has 30 hours, always flushed looked after etc run on shell super unleaded fuel. The ski has been to my dealer for the run in service at 10 hours, service at 15 hours prior to winterise, exhaust filter checked by dealer at 24 hours new plugs fitted at this point.

    Last weekend and 3 weeks before the sam hinge happened.

    Got to ramp, run ski n tick over for approx 5-8 minutes went to get ski on plane and it misfires and continues to do so when you pull the throttle for about 3 or 4 minutes. The misfire then clears and ski rubs fine for the rest of the trip.

    I have contacted my dealer they are going to take a look, does anyone have any suggestions?

    Your views would be appreciated

    Thanks.
    I'm gonna say not to discount that the IC might need cleaning.
    Really- not joking. I think oil pooled in the IC entering the TB could cause these symptoms, yes. A plug makes sense too, but he just had them changed 6 hours ago... + I'm guessing that the IC has never been cleaned, and @ 30 hours- I would expect it needs it.

    Be sure to let us know what happens, tdub.

  10. #10
    Self Confessed Day Dreamer toomanytoys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,932
    +1
    151
    IC causing those issues, NO WAY. Not even possible. Even if you didn't clean it for 100 hours it's not going to cause a misfire and then run good. Just not going to happen. The absolute worst that's going to happen with a REALLY dirty intercooler is a reduced top speed (high RPM).

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Any Suggestions
    By ct_gp1300r in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-16-2007, 08:19 AM
  2. broke XLL... Any suggestions?
    By Yellow93 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-01-2007, 12:10 PM
  3. Down 3mph from last year, any suggestions?
    By RXP-REX in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-24-2007, 02:55 PM
  4. Bad bounce problem. Any suggestions?
    By Nickeljet in forum Yamaha Old School Skis
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-04-2007, 11:10 AM
  5. Running out of ideas, any suggestions???
    By Gforce in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-03-2005, 12:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •