Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Polaris rail kit for shuttle craft

Hi Everyone, I'm a newbie on here.
    I recently picked up a jetmax (same as shuttle craft) Does anyone have a used rail kit for a 97 Polaris SLT 780 jet ski to be able to fit in the shuttle craft?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sooo...how much for the 780? stimpsonjcat's Avatar
    +1
    wuzzat?

pic?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    I suspect rail kits are going to be rare and hard to find.

Could you fabricate some yourself?

Good Morning:

If your boat is indeed the same as a shuttlecraft, here is the e-mail address for the current shuttlecraft manufacturer: [email protected]. No longer located in Canada, the business is now in Austraila. They make mostly new stuff now, as most of the old molds were destroyed by fire a few years ago. The problem is that it costs as much to ship new rails from down under as the rails cost themselves = $900 rails + $900 shipping. They are very responsive if you drop them a line.

There is another place, a boat salvage year in New Jersey, that has old (not new) shuttlecraft rails. I just spoke to them a few weeks ago but I can't remember the name of the business. They did not have any replacement rails that would fit the skis I have. I'll try to dig the name up if you like.

I have a 1997 Shuttlecraft, but it would not fit my 2002 Polaris Virage i, or my Yamaha XLT 1200's. I will be putting it up for sale in the spring as I don't plan to get rid of my XLT's. Most of the shuttlecraft that you find have rails that fit a sea poo, with the rails of my shuttlecraft being set up for a mid-2000's sea poo GTX. It would be rare for the rails to fit some other brand, (mine would not even fit a 2006 sea poo GTI) and even harder to find replacement rails that fit your ski.

I spent quite some time last year looking for rails, and pretty much gave up on the endeavor. The shuttlecraft is a neat idea, but like many good ideas the problem is in the application. Good luck, and if you know anyone who wants a 1997 Shuttlecraft that is in decent shape, inexpensive (less than $2,000 w/trailer), and will fit a sea poo GTX, drop me a line. I'd be happy to pass it on to someone who can use it.

Zardoz

former sea doo owner, will never own one again

+1
    Welcome to the Hulk! Might want to take K447s advice and figure out a way to fab up something that will work..... Probably be cheaper too....

Thanks all I will probably try to make some my self. I will post pics later to all to see what I have.
    Zardoz I would greatly appreciate the name of the yard with old parts as it would be great to have to real rails but I won't pay 1800 for rails. I was told mine is set up for mid 2000's yamaha jet ski. I measured and it might be close for mine skis to fit I will see when the DNR in my state are done giving me the run around for a title.

Dear drough1:

I believe the person to call about the old stock rails is Rich Mansfield 732-793-8338. I did not talk to "Rich" but the person I spoke with was very nice and she called me back and said that they did not have any rails that would fit eary 2000's XLT's. Give them a try.

Also, since you are in the Toledo area and I am in Findlay, just what models of Yamaha do your rails fit? Before you get rid of your rails I would be interested to see if they would fit my shuttle craft and my Yahahas. I'd be happy to send you pictures of my rails if you can send me pictures of yours. (I'll show you mine if you show me yours???) I know that the 49" beam hull of my Polaris and my sea poo would not fit, but then neither would my Yahahas which have a 48" beam. The shuttle craft was supposed to fit a sea poo GTX which has a 48" beam, but beam is not enough, the shape of the rail has to conform to the shape of the ski to get the ski to fit the shuttle craft correctly.

If I could find rails to fit my shuttle craft so that the Yamahas would work I would keep the shuttle craft. But if the skis I have now will not fit there is no reason to keep it as I would rather get rid of the shuttle craft than the two Yamahas.

I received a title when I purchsaed my shutle craft last year. I have never tried to register the number with the state, as I have never figured out if I am going to keep it or sell it. I would have to get a new registration number anyway, as the shuttle craft originated out of New Jersey and has never been registered in Ohio. As we in Ohio know, anything that floats has to have a registration number.

If you want to exchange information drop me a PM and I wil get ahold of you.

Zardoz

former sea doo owner, will never own one again
    Last edited by zardoz; 09-19-2012 at 10:32 AM. Reason: typo

Sooo...how much for the 780? stimpsonjcat's Avatar
    +1
    Oh, these are those 'boats' that a ski fits in the back of?

stimpsonjcat yes these are the boats you put a ski but there is many different kinds but all take about the same parts

Zardoz

sounds fine I was told they fit a mid 2000's yamaha but not sure. Thanks For info. I have to get the shuttle inspected by water devision because I bouoght mine in Minnesota which doesn't have a title for anything under 16 ft and of course ohio requires one for anyhting over 14 ft. I also have a prob because mine is a jetmax (same as shuttle) but has a 11 digit vin instead of the 12 digit the shuttle has mine was also made in SC not canada. But as I said still the same as shuttle but this I believe was made for yamaha's. It is blue and grey everything and cover. As soon as I figure out how to send pics to you I will.Like I said still a newbie to forums.

Duane

pic of shuttle craft(jetmax)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rail.jpg 
Views:	1857 
Size:	84.8 KB 
ID:	283533

Name:  seats.jpg
Views: 1037
Size:  1.5 KB

Name:  whole shuttle.jpg
Views: 1050
Size:  1.5 KB

Name:	seats close.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	283538

Name:	deck.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	283537
    Last edited by K447; 09-19-2012 at 07:54 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information