Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

My 300X's Problems?

Hi Guys,
    My 2012 300x has a few issues that with some at first i thought i wasn't doing something right or it just happened to everyone.
    Anyway the things i have issues with is firstly my cruise control and one touch 5 mile button aren't working. Ive been doing everything like it says to do in the manual. The second problem is a vibration that seems to comes on when i corner hard, im not to sure if everyone gets this or its just me. The last possible problem is when in eco mode im still getting similar top speeds around 100kmph i was just wondering what everyone else was getting in eco mode.
    The ski has 39 hours on it and the problems have all been there from the start
    Thanks

Self Confessed Day Dreamer toomanytoys's Avatar
    +1
    Join us on a ride. We're out almost every weekend. Happy to swap my 300x with yours so you can feel the difference.

We'll be out around Pittwater and Ettalong this Sunday, 28 degrees C. Send me a PM if you can make it out and I'll let you know where we meet.

Cheers, Mal.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ULTRA3N View Post
    Hi Guys,
    My 2012 300x has a few issues that with some at first i thought i wasn't doing something right or it just happened to everyone.
    Anyway the things i have issues with is firstly my cruise control and one touch 5 mile button aren't working. Ive been doing everything like it says to do in the manual. The second problem is a vibration that seems to comes on when i corner hard, im not to sure if everyone gets this or its just me. The last possible problem is when in eco mode im still getting similar top speeds around 100kmph i was just wondering what everyone else was getting in eco mode.
    Thanks
    sounds like operator error to me , as it its easy to do it wrong , how are you trying to activate the cruise and what do you do when u hear the beeps ?

the 5 mile button only barely raises the revs from idle so its very easy to miss it when it activates ,

yes some have mentioned a vibration

either way Mal will be able to show you his and you can compare sizes 1 day

Waz

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot View Post
    Hi Guys,
    Thanks
    sounds like operator error to me , how are you trying to activate the cruise and what do you do when u hear the beeps ?

the 5 mile button only barely raises the revs from idle so its very easy to miss it when it activates ,

yes some have mentioned a vibration

either way Mal will be able to show you his and you can compare sizes 1 day

Waz

Thats the thing, there is no beep. ahaha

Chad

+1
    Also whilst we are on this topic on the last ride of sunday it was starting to sound different. I can post up a video of the sound but not sure if u guys can pick it up but ill post the vid shortly.

Chad

+1
    ok here is the vid and you can really hear it in this one.

+1
    my guess from the very vague info and vid.
    1. you need to push the cruise button hand hold the throttle on at the same time a quick positive push is all that is needed, once activated you can squeeze the throttle hard and use your thumb to increase or decrease speed.
    2. the no wake mode push and hold the button without any throttle.
    3. the vibration is normal guessing its the water against the chines and sponsons.
    4. your eco mode is also normal.
    5. YOU DONT HAVE ANY PROBLEMS!! maybe recheck the operator
    6. has the exhaust filter been changed out or checked? and i still think you have a boost leak or belt slipping.

Hi Guys,
    Thanks

+1
    [QUOTE=nicjak;2042830]my guess from the very vague info and vid.
    1. you need to push the cruise button hand hold the throttle on at the same time a quick positive push is all that is needed, once activated you can squeeze the throttle hard and use your thumb to increase or decrease speed.
    3. the vibration is normal guessing its the water against the chines and sponsons.
    6. has the exhaust filter been changed out or checked? and i still think you have a boost leak or belt slipping.

Hi Nick,
    Yes ive done all that for the cruise control and no wake button, so i know no it is definately broken.

The exhaust filter hasnt been checked or changed, and ill be getting its 50 hour serivice done soon so ill get them to fix whats been going wrong.
    Thanks
    Chad

+1
    [QUOTE=nicjak;2042830]my guess from the very vague info and vid.

Yes ive done all that for the cruise control and no wake button, so i know no it is definately broken.

The exhaust filter hasnt been checked or changed, and ill be getting its 50 hour serivice done soon so ill get them to fix whats been going wrong.
    Thanks
    Chad

+1
    well i suggest you dont wait around and get it checked asap especially that filter, do us a favour and please report back with the outcome, good luck

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information