Exclamation Please help on how to replace tps sensor and trim cble

I have a 2005 gp1300r and need help on how to replace the tps sensor and trim cable. Also I test drove the Jetski today and with the tps disconnected it only went 65mph vs it's normal 74mph. Can anyone give me any ideas on what this may be and why having the tps disconnected make it go that much slower

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyp1986 View Post
    I have a 2005 gp1300r and need help on how to replace the tps sensor and trim cable. Also I test drove the Jetski today and with the tps disconnected it only went 65mph vs it's normal 74mph. Can anyone give me any ideas on what this may be and why having the tps disconnected make it go that much slower
    You have to remove the pipe to change the tps, The reason it's going slower with the tps disconnected because when you throttle up the computer don't know because you disconnected the tps so it's not giving more fuel that's needed. Oh and by the way that is a good way to lean seize your engine running without a tps connected.

yea im not doing that again, i only ran it disconnected cause the engine needed to be flushed so the entire time i was running only at4500rpm 30mph just to get that motor working and burn all the oil and wd40 that was in it. and i hit it only that one time to feel it out. and thanks for the help on how to remove the tps,

also do u know the size of torx head that i need for the bolt. i know its the one with the pin in the middle.

Thread Information