Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    tealgreen2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    miami gardens
    Posts
    305
    +1
    8

    supercharger shaft

    whats up everyone a friend of mine has a sho crusier with a 15.5 and r3 reving 8640rpm he has broken two rive shafts already what shafts are guys using with these wheels without shaft problems any info thanks


  2. #2
    enforcer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    San Antonio, Tx.
    Posts
    686
    +1
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by tealgreen2000 View Post
    whats up everyone a friend of mine has a sho crusier with a 15.5 and r3 reving 8640rpm he has broken two rive shafts already what shafts are guys using with these wheels without shaft problems any info thanks
    where did they break? on he nut side? gear side?

  3. #3
    tealgreen2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    miami gardens
    Posts
    305
    +1
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by enforcer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tealgreen2000 View Post
    whats up everyone a friend of mine has a sho crusier with a 15.5 and r3 reving 8640rpm he has broken two rive shafts already what shafts are guys using with these wheels without shaft problems any info thanks
    where did they break? on he nut side? gear side?
    one broke on the nut side the next one broke in three at the nut an the gear
    i see u have a fzr with the 15.5 witch shaft are u using

  4. #4
    YAMAHA POWAAAA !!!!! 1_Fast_SHO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    3,144
    +1
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by tealgreen2000 View Post
    whats up everyone a friend of mine has a sho crusier with a 15.5 and r3 reving 8640rpm he has broken two rive shafts already what shafts are guys using with these wheels without shaft problems any info thanks
    Weird, have you used the riva Gen 3 shaft ?

  5. #5
    Yellow93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas, United States
    Posts
    2,429
    +1
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by tealgreen2000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by enforcer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tealgreen2000 View Post
    whats up everyone a friend of mine has a sho crusier with a 15.5 and r3 reving 8640rpm he has broken two rive shafts already what shafts are guys using with these wheels without shaft problems any info thanks
    where did they break? on he nut side? gear side?
    one broke on the nut side the next one broke in three at the nut an the gear
    i see u have a fzr with the 15.5 witch shaft are u using
    Enforcer is running an ET Low Boost wheel with a stock shaft...

  6. #6
    What are you torquing this to? I hope not FT lbs...

  7. #7
    YAMAHA POWAAAA !!!!! 1_Fast_SHO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    3,144
    +1
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow93 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tealgreen2000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by enforcer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tealgreen2000 View Post
    whats up everyone a friend of mine has a sho crusier with a 15.5 and r3 reving 8640rpm he has broken two rive shafts already what shafts are guys using with these wheels without shaft problems any info thanks
    where did they break? on he nut side? gear side?
    one broke on the nut side the next one broke in three at the nut an the gear
    i see u have a fzr with the 15.5 witch shaft are u using
    Enforcer is running an ET Low Boost wheel with a stock shaft...
    My friend also ran the et 15.5 wheel on stock shaft.

  8. #8
    Has the etech wheel made contact with the housing when the shaft broke?? If it smacks the housing it could throw the balance off enough that it will help a new shaft fail prematurely. I know when my nut broke my c3 was not useable afterwards.

  9. #9
    tealgreen2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    miami gardens
    Posts
    305
    +1
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by gashog301 View Post
    What are you torquing this to? I hope not FT lbs...
    torquing it to 70 in pounds the first time he did it then the second one i did myself think mybe he was over tighting it

  10. #10
    tealgreen2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    miami gardens
    Posts
    305
    +1
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug78 View Post
    Has the etech wheel made contact with the housing when the shaft broke?? If it smacks the housing it could throw the balance off enough that it will help a new shaft fail prematurely. I know when my nut broke my c3 was not useable afterwards.
    he has a new wheel both times this time we have a new housing,wheel,bearing an a r&d shaft havent run it yet trying to get info on problem before taking it out for a run

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2004 supercharger shaft
    By gtoconv in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-25-2008, 12:56 PM
  2. Supercharger shaft o-ring?
    By Suthrn in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-19-2008, 11:14 AM
  3. Supercharger Shaft Damage-Coated Metal Washers
    By 1FastTrespiper in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-29-2007, 01:48 PM
  4. Engine Side of Supercharger Shaft
    By RXP04 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-16-2007, 12:07 PM
  5. Supercharger Shaft Support.
    By Sundance in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-10-2006, 09:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •