+1

Need some help with modding my 2012 rxtx

I have a 2012 rxtx and im looking to do a few different mods. I want more performance without sacrificing reliability, warranty, and spending thousands. I have a riva scom, solas 15/20, and im going to be picking up a 4 inch kanaflex from speedfreeks hopefully this week along with the yellow exhaust tips they make if I can figure out how to get a thru hull to work since riva says they aren't compatible with the 2012 rxtx. I think the vtech is a great upgrade but way to much money for what im looking to spend. I am thinking about picking up the riva intercooler tubing upgrade kit with a blow off valve off the classifieds ($250) and a used fizzle intercooler as well. I believe they are compatible. The last bolt on mod i was concidering was the r&d intake grate. Im not really sure how beneficial these are for my ski. Please feel free for comments and suggestions. THANK YOU!

What do you think about this intercooler http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=186123

+1
    With those mods seadoo will for sure void your warranty.

+1
    I hate to say this to you but you WILL sacrifice reliability, warranty, and waste money with your plan! Reliability will be shit with the BOV, it has been proven time and time again to not work well with this configuration. Yellow exhaust tip and everything else will raise a BIG YELLOW flag to any dealer. The BOV, Thru-hull exhaust, exhaust tip, all provide very little to performance. The SCOM only removes the GPS speed limit, the 8040 rpm limit and boost limits are still in place and no matter what you bolt on, you will hit this rpm WALL all day long.

Now having said all this crap, forget the SCOM, the exhaust tip, the IC, the IC tubing, and especially the BOV. All the money saved should be used instead for a VTECH 8350 re-flash, which can be re-flashed back to stock in seconds, and allows NUMEROUS future tunes later. 4" air is a must, as well the R&D grate. The Solas 15/20 is a great start. The VTECH sets the stage for FUTURE mods as the SCOM holds you back. 75 mph plus with NO 70 mph speed limit, NO boost limit, NO 8040 rpm limit has been proven many times with a smart plan and a smart foundation to build upon. If you think will modify your ski well beyond this to Stage 2 or 3+ then get the MOTEC system, the results others have had with it are incredible!

Do some more research and formulate a solid plan, you will save money, time, and will have a much more reliable ski.

+1

Re: Need some help with modding my 2012 rxtx

Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    I hate to say this to you but you WILL sacrifice reliability, warranty, and waste money with your plan! Reliability will be shit with the BOV, it has been proven time and time again to not work well with this configuration. Yellow exhaust tip and everything else will raise a BIG YELLOW flag to any dealer. The BOV, Thru-hull exhaust, exhaust tip, all provide very little to performance. The SCOM only removes the GPS speed limit, the 8040 rpm limit and boost limits are still in place and no matter what you bolt on, you will hit this rpm WALL all day long.

Now having said all this crap, forget the SCOM, the exhaust tip, the IC, the IC tubing, and especially the BOV. All the money saved should be used instead for a VTECH 8350 re-flash, which can be re-flashed back to stock in seconds, and allows NUMEROUS future tunes later. 4" air is a must, as well the R&D grate. The Solas 15/20 is a great start. The VTECH sets the stage for FUTURE mods as the SCOM holds you back. 75 mph plus with NO 70 mph speed limit, NO boost limit, NO 8040 rpm limit has been proven many times with a smart plan and a smart foundation to build upon. If you think will modify your ski well beyond this to Stage 2 or 3+ then get the MOTEC system, the results others have had with it are incredible!

Do some more research and formulate a solid plan, you will save money, time, and will have a much more reliable ski.
    +100

+1
    And another..... Id love to see a Riva relocation kit for $250 also.

+1
    Vtech upgrade is the best thing to do to these skis. It really wakes it up. When I mean wake it up these skis were sleeping when the ecu is in its stock form. They are held back so much with all these bs limiters. If you lived in australia I would give you a ride to see the Differance! It's amazing. Vtech is a upgrade that I will never regret

+1
    Thank you for your input guys, I appreciate it. The riva intercooler piping with blow off valve is being sold for that price in the classified section as well as the fizzle intercooler. Thats why I was considering that combo. I understand the blow off valve isn't that beneficial but I figured if it was included I would use it. So i was considering that set up for a total of $370. My mechanic at the dealer told me a few days ago that he's seeing a lot of the new factory intercoolers fail. I spoke to him about doing some bolt on mods and I am sure he wouldn't void my warranty unless it was my fault I blew the thing up. Im not trying to pinch pennies but I didnt want to put thousands into it and end up getting a new ski 2 or 3 years from now when sea-doo releases something I have to have. lol The exhaust with the shiny yellow speedfreeks tip is obviously not a big gain, I just like it. I am going to definitely go with the r&d grate for now and maybe by next season I will step up and get the vtech or maybe the riva athena if guys find a liking to it.

Thread Information