+1

Gp1300r Bog and Fuel controller

Ok, before I get crucified I just want to say that I did use the search feature but it just made me more confused so here goes...I just got my 03 gp1300r back together and on the 1st ride out I noticed a pretty heavy bog if I squeeze the throttle from a standstill. I DON'T have a fuel controller as people on here said its not needed and others say it is. My mods are vf3's, premix, r&d race filter, free flow, d-plate, 1200 waterbox, 05 pump with 14/20 DF impeller. So my question is do I need a fuel controller, would my bog be considered a 'lean' bog outta the hole since I don't have a fuel controller or possibly something else.

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by GP03 View Post
    Ok, before I get crucified I just want to say that I did use the search feature but it just made me more confused so here goes...I just got my 03 gp1300r back together and on the 1st ride out I noticed a pretty heavy bog if I squeeze the throttle from a standstill. I DON'T have a fuel controller as people on here said its not needed and others say it is. My mods are vf3's, premix, r&d race filter, free flow, d-plate, 1200 waterbox, 05 pump with 14/20 DF impeller. So my question is do I need a fuel controller, would my bog be considered a 'lean' bog outta the hole since I don't have a fuel controller or possibly something else.
    Welcome to the forum, Do not ride it again till you get a controller your going to lean seize the motor. With the mods you have you need a controller.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JIM'S PERFORMANCE View Post
    Welcome to the forum, Do not ride it again till you get a controller your going to lean seize the motor. With the mods you have you need a controller.
    +1

+1
    Thanks for the reply, now when I comes to a controller, does it really make a difference which one? I was looking at the R&D one.

Those mods, you can get either one.

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by scittb View Post
    Those mods, you can get either one.
    +1

+1
    I bought the EJK Fuel controller, the one RIVA now sells, and installed it. It definitely made a difference, now I just need to figure out the settings as I pretty much went with the ones that were preloaded. I did a search but really couldn't find any info on the settings for the EJK controller. The old riva only had 4 different settings and the new one has 6. Anyone have any recommendations with the list of mods I have above?

Thread Information