Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Summer here we come!!!!

Man this winter dragged on way too long down under. I'm over my post msx build winter hibernation, we finally got a great day and went up to Lake Macquarie - it's a salt water lake with an ocean entrance north of sydney. I got to open the msx's sea legs for an entire day, and I have to say this is a very impressive machine I couldn't be happier coming from the SL body I feel I can probably make it to Hawaii on this thing. No wrenching on this thing over the summer (been caught out before leaving things to the last minute).

I have some improvements to go in terms of performance, I rode at WOT most of the day and she sits between 7050-7100 rpms without any problems. I'm running a solas concord 13/19 with the 6 vane pump but the prop is way out of factory spec. Top speed is just below 60, I will be trying the 6 degree wedge with a new skat 17/22 or 17/23 with proper clearance I think it will be good for 62-64. Comp is way up now at 135 even, life is good. If anyone has some props they want to get rid of let me know I'm looking for some good combos, must be mint to new though.

Here's some footage from our day out, it's an awesome place. I'm out with Martin, who is a GH member here we rebuilt his MSX as well it is also running really well.

+1

+1
    Very Nice !!!!!

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Enjoy it as much as you can. Ours went by too fast.

Nice vid

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Tell me about the camera mounting you used on the hood.

I have way to much vibration with mine.

+1

Summer here we come!!!!

Gopro hero 3m mounting pads. They are quite solid, stuck on the visor above the ngi

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by urugol View Post
    Gopro hero 3m mounting pads. They are quite solid, stuck on the visor above the ngi
    That is where I have my ContourHD mounted. Still too much hood shake.

I may fabricate a metal mount that reaches three of the steering base shroud mounting bolts. Might be a tricky bit of shaping and folding to get it to fit nicely.

+1
    I had to rig up some rubber to stop vibration both on the hood and console. I used your typical auto door and trunk seals to get a vibration free seal. It was actually shocking how much these vibrate on the MSX.

Incidentally, did you ever end up trying the Genesis prop on yours? I would be interested to hear if you did and any performance improvements. I will be trying either a 6 degree or 2 X 4 degree wedges soon theres plenty of power there to experiment.

+1
    I simply ran right off the end of my summer without having a chance to mess with impellers.

M447 was so happy to have a running MSX 140 again that it was out on the water every chance we had. Probably 20 running hours on that freshly rebuilt motor and I lost count of how much fuel we burned through, something well over 200 litres I would guess...

And the weather has turned cool in a hurry. Last Monday was probably our last ride on home waters as the forecast is under 20C for the next two weeks. Unless the second half of October is freaky warm the only thing I will be doing with our watercraft is winterizing!

Happily we will be in Lake Havasu, Arizona for the World Final races starting in less than two weeks. 40C daytime temperatures

Just need to find some rental or loaner watercraft to ride while we are in town.

Post some photos of your hood stabilizing efforts. Give me some ideas.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    I simply ran right off the end of my summer without having a chance to mess with impellers.

M447 was so happy to have a running MSX 140 again that it was out on the water every chance we had. Probably 20 running hours on that freshly rebuilt motor and I lost count of how much fuel we burned through, something well over 200 litres I would guess...

And the weather has turned cool in a hurry. Last Monday was probably our last ride on home waters as the forecast is under 20C for the next two weeks. Unless the second half of October is freaky warm the only thing I will be doing with our watercraft is winterizing!

Happily we will be in Lake Havasu, Arizona for the World Final races starting in less than two weeks. 40C daytime temperatures

Just need to find some rental or loaner watercraft to ride while we are in town.

Post some photos of your hood stabilizing efforts. Give me some ideas.

I just bought this to go with my full wet suit. I will be riding as long as the air or water isn't frozen.

https://store.jetpilot.com/jetpilot/...=32&prodID=573

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information