Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Legalization of marijuana for 3 states

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/49092106...e#.UFvP3qN5mSM

Whats everyone thoughts ? Pros and cons "if any"

+1
    I'll tell you the same thing we told our kids -- dope is for dopes!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    What might your views be on alcohol vs chronic being legal?
    Last edited by CrazyA; 09-21-2012 at 04:06 AM.

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyA View Post
    What might your views be on alcohol vs chronic being legal?
    Here is my thoughts on this...In the state that our country is in and the president that we have this is not the right time. With his views he will be creating more dependants with this and giving him what he wants..more votes and a government dependant america. HOWEVER, I would love it if they leqalized it. I could grow this on my farm and only have to grow a couple acres of it to make some serious cash. I think that it is safer than alcohol personally and it dosent make people do all the crazy shit alcohol does. By leagalizing this in the future ( and other drugs) we can stop this black market from flooding our streets. I know that was a very strong thing to say but look what Spain and Denmark did. legalized it and crime dropped dramatically, ect. NOW, for talking to our kids about it, its going to have to take some serious education on our part to educate our kids about the dangers and pitfalls of these drugs like you im sure are already doing.Whats the difference if its legal? The same things can happen but your just not going to jail for the rest of your life for posessing them with some cell mate called Debo winking at you every day. I think that by the fact that its illegal makes people want to do it more, whats the difference between this and cigatarettes? I can go out right now and buy some pot and not have a guilty consience about it. I dont do pot but the fact remains I can still get it weather its legal or not. the only thing that I worry about is getting it home with out getting pulled over, in an accident ect. I was educated on this, I watched my friends do it, and I have seen them fluch their life down the toilet because of it and just because its illegal. they were "smart" well to do people but got caught with quantity and screwed themselves. they werent selling just getting alot for themselves. now they can barely get a good job cause of the record...fair? no but its the choices they made with the laws at hand. my .02 its all about education...

5. +1 by:

+1
    I say legalize it, make some tax money off it just like booze and cigs and quit spending tons of money trying to
    stop it. People are gonna do what they want to do no matter what. I guess our government didn't learn a damn
    thing from prohibition. Read the history books and see how well that went.
    P.S. Booze causes MANY MANY MANY more problems than smoking a little reefer ever did. It's legal.
    Kinda hypocritical isn't it? (the same with cigs)

7. +1 by:

+1
    Yup...legalize it,tax it and bring in some serious revenue that could help the states out. I completely agree that children/teenagers shouldn't be messing around with drugs or alcohol but the fact of the matter is that it happens. We should educate them about the dangers and potential pitfalls just like we do about alcohol and cigarettes but in the end the choice is theirs to make. Beagleman and Airborne are 100% correct,alcohol presents a far greater danger to public safety than pot smoking in the form of DWI accidents and long term health issues.

http://norml.org/
    Last edited by Dyoung; 09-21-2012 at 09:11 AM.

+1
    I don't personally see a big problem with pot, BUT I have personally seen it become a gateway to harder more dangerous drugs that can ruin lives, and I'm not talking about from a jail standpoint.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Most people that smoke weed dont go around robbing people, breaking into house, businesses, and do things most grown men and women wouldnt do versus being on crack or meth.....I think the reason pot is a "gateway drug" is because of the places some people have to get their weed, they are then exposed to the other drugs.....there are many people that use weed, many people in very important positions....and many people in jail and prison for weed...IMO weed should be legalized so that the police can concentrate on things like Meth and Crack that do serious damage to the people that use that stuff, their Families and the people that they rob and kill to feed their habit....In my line of work I deal with crackheads and methheads pretty much on a daily basis....rarely do I deal with some one that is stealing TVs, trolling motors, X boxes....etc to feed their POT habit, most are either on crack , meth or prescription drugs (oxycotin, hydrocodone,Dilaudin....etc) .........Most of the Police I deal with would much rather deal with a person smoking weed than some one that has been drinking or on crack, meth or prescription drugs.....

+1
    Legalize it, tax it, require licenses to grow it(expensive ones)... People think the stuffs expensive now, wait till the gov't gets a piece of the action.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow93 View Post
    I don't personally see a big problem with pot, BUT I have personally seen it become a gateway to harder more dangerous drugs that can ruin lives, and I'm not talking about from a jail standpoint.
    I personally believe alcohol is the most common "gateway" drug....seeing how your inhibitions are so greatly affected while under it's influence.I'm not saying pot isn't a gateway drug,it's just a more popular scapegoat...I actually know of a couple of people that are recovering meth addicts who've never smoked weed in their life....go figure.

check out the prohibition of cannabis here: http://www.drugwarrant.com/articles/...juana-illegal/

13. +1 by:

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information