Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

300x -Oil Dipstick keeps coming out

Well the first couple times i thought i just didnt insert the dipstick all the way in but now thats its shot out a 3rd time im certain sonething is up. Huge oil mess under the seat and all over the motor. Safety wire ? Anyone else with this issue?

Banned User
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by ultra300x 702 View Post
    Well the first couple times i thought i just didnt insert the dipstick all the way in but now thats its shot out a 3rd time im certain sonething is up. Huge oil mess under the seat and all over the motor. Safety wire ? Anyone else with this issue?
    Sad to say you may be on the road to other bad things happening. Due a leak down test to confirm. Mine started blowing out again as my motor got worse
    . I used to zip tie mine in. To keep it from coming out but now think it was coming out for other reasons. Hopefully you'rs is nothing but when it pops the stick and blows allot of oil out there's allot of ecces pressure vs when it just pops the stick a couple inches and nothing comes out.

+1
    I'm sure others will jump in and help you out, but I believe some have already commented that this can be a bad sign of things to come...

Unless your cc vent is blocked somehow, a compression / leakdown may be in order.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FIRE0021 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ultra300x 702 View Post
    Sad to say you may be on the road to other bad things happening. Due a leak down test to confirm. Mine started blowing out again as my motor got worse
    . I used to zip tie mine in. To keep it from coming out but now think it was coming out for other reasons. Hopefully you'rs is nothing but when it pops the stick and blows allot of oil out there's allot of ecces pressure vs when it just pops the stick a couple inches and nothing comes out.

Thats what i was thinking that was a sign of something bad. It pops the stick half way out , what would cause the excess pressure ? BOV sticking? Its a good thing i didnt buy that 800 Sxr now i can fully build the motor for the abuse it gets but not till its broken lol

+1
    Worse case scenario is compression leaking past the rings is causing the excess pressure... but don't get too far ahead of yourself.

Banned User
    +1
    Mind did that for about 35-40hrs then stopped, also stopped burping oil into my homemade cc @ that time, it would only pop it out when i was still in the throttle and came unhooked in the race... Think it took that long to seat the rings fully

inshould mention it ran flawless for the next 70+hrs

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike H View Post
    Mind did that for about 35-40hrs then stopped, also stopped burping oil into my homemade cc @ that time, it would only pop it out when i was still in the throttle and came unhooked in the race... Think it took that long to seat the rings fully

I hope thats the case with mine, coming unhooked at WOT Racing. Im just hitting 39 hrs. Would be awseome if it ran flawless for my next 70hrs but i think i would see a Unicorn in my backyard before that happened lol. Are all your Hrs mostly race and hard riding ?

Banned User
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Mike H View Post

Mine was the same then stopped all together. Then began doing it again around 85 hrs. Mine would pop but never blow any measurable amounts of oil out. Until the 111 mark when I had my issues.
    Just due the leak down for piece of mind and if good zip tie it down. And call it a day.

Banned User
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Vman View Post
    Worse case scenario is compression leaking past the rings is causing the excess pressure... but don't get too far ahead of yourself.
    Vman there's other things besides rings like the head leaking in my case.

Banned User
    +1
    I "broke in" for 10 and raced/practiced the next 90.

I think guys like Gerner and tommy are the exception, you ever watch a video of the inboard race? In and outa the water on the limiter for hrs and hrs something's bound to happen. Not saying that's a bad thing either, what race team uses their same motor all year long in their car operating at 100% throttle, 95% of the time? I'll tell you how many, NONE. Its hard on parts, something's bound to happen

I wouldn't fear the worst quite yet but those test wouldn't be a bad thing either for reference and piece of mind

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information