Need to build two 4tecs. 05 GTX 215 and 02 GTX 155 Have some build questions

The 2002 GTX with the 155 motor broke the crank between the cam gear and case. No internal damage except maybe some bent valves.
    The 2005 GTX with the 215 motor has snapped exhaust valves and a beat up head and piston. (I have a new empty head to use).

Questions are aside from the obvious replacement parts, the exhaust valve updates and the flywheel bolts is there any other things to look out for or to modify while in there?

Can I change one piston with a WSM unit on the 215hp?

Does the 155hp engine also have the sodium filled valve issue and a need to replace all 6?

Are there any mods worth doing that are big bang for the buck?

Are the ARP flywheel bolts a better idea than the revised BRP ones?

Ferrera or revised BRP on the exhaust valves? All I need is reliable.

Should I replace both oil Psi senders or just use my current working ones until they fail?

I should add that I have been building racing Porsche 911 engines for 20+ years and have lots of experience with cylinder head porting.

Any input?

Really? Why no help? Tons of views and no responses. Did I post this in the wrong forum?

Quote Originally Posted by pjv911 View Post
    Really? Why no help? Tons of views and no responses. Did I post this in the wrong forum?
    Post # 2

Quote Originally Posted by pjv911 View Post
    The 2002 GTX with the 155 motor broke the crank between the cam gear and case. No internal damage except maybe some bent valves.
    The 2005 GTX with the 215 motor has snapped exhaust valves and a beat up head and piston. (I have a new empty head to use).

Questions are aside from the obvious replacement parts, the exhaust valve updates and the flywheel bolts is there any other things to look out for or to modify while in there? con-rods for straightness, re-bore or check your bore for clearance and straightness, oil pumps condition, both seals behind the water pump, change timing chain and guides

Can I change one piston with a WSM unit on the 215hp?, Yes, just have to modify the oil squirters, they have bearings too, just don't use their con-rods

Does the 155hp engine also have the sodium filled valve issue and a need to replace all 6?, most likely, change them all

Are there any mods worth doing that are big bang for the buck? Internally, wouldn't bother

Are the ARP flywheel bolts a better idea than the revised BRP ones? I haven't tried the ARP, I bought a shyt load of the genuine ones, but don't like there torquing instructions

Ferrera or revised BRP on the exhaust valves? All I need is reliable. either just change all 12, you'll feel safer knowing

Should I replace both oil Psi senders or just use my current working ones until they fail? easy to change when or if they fail

I have since read in another post that the 155hp engines have no issues with the valves. Can anyone confirm this?
    As for the 215 motor why change the intake valves as well? These machines are old and hardly worth the repair costs in the first place. I don't want to spend more than needed.

bump

Thread Information