pwc stand homemade wood

just doing some proud bragging i think. i just built this this weekend for a 89 waverunner i got on craigslist. no trailer, runner only but has good papers for 200 cant beat it. havent dug into it though previous owner says it just needs the wear ring.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jet ski stand.jpg 
Views:	8946 
Size:	34.3 KB 
ID:	283741  

+1
    A. Never trust a previous owner lol

B. Are you going to trim down those threaded rod ends? Thats a banged knee-cap waiting to happen.

C. I personally don't think that will be strong enough. The hull will be pushing "out" almost as much as it is pushing down, and the lateral bracing just doesn't look strong enough. [EDIT] Google says an '89 WaveRunner only weighs 328lbs, so you MIGHT be ok with that stand. I wouldn't sit on it while it's on the stand though...I just built one of these: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=76954

Plans: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=1#post1243473

I went to Home Depot, went to the warped/twisted/broken/partial 2x4 section (warped and twisted doesn't matter much when your pieces are only going to be 16"-31" long) and paid a grand total of $4 for the wood, and $4.99 for a box of screws. They even cut it so I could fit it in my car (my HD does NOT do angle/miter cuts, you may need to plan accordingly).

I'm not saying you should build one of those, nor am I expecting you to start from scratch, but there is a lot of good information in that thread and maybe some ideas to beef up your stand a bit. Otherwise, props for the effort instead of just buying one. I also prefer to DIY.

Welcome to the Hulk, and good luck with your new project!

Quote Originally Posted by 22stroker View Post
    just doing some proud bragging i think. i just built this this weekend for a 89 waverunner i got on craigslist. no trailer, runner only but has good papers for 200 cant beat it. havent dug into it though previous owner says it just needs the wear ring.
    nice, you not going put some bunk carpet on the wood?

Thread Information