+1

Opinions on Rossier pipe for 787?

Found a good deal on one, what's the opinion on the Rossier? Better than stock at least? Or not so much.

Yes the Rossier is a good choice. It gives you a reward without a lot of the risk that some other pipes come with. It has a little better tone without being offensively loud. A 96XP that normally would reach 68something RPM will now reach 7 grand easily. No one(not even Charlie Rossier himself) has pushed the performance past what a guy on this site has(96XPSS I think). And a great tuner who unfortunately past away this year in a motorcycle accident this year (Justin Landis) also has many good tuning reports about achieving 65mph on his 96XP with a Rossier.

I have one with the original MSD timing and rev-limit adjuster in my 95XP800. I get 7120 revs with Buck Shot carbs and a Westcoast 44cc pump gas head. I've done nothing yet besides adjust the carbs. It does have a little rough spot right before the RAVE's open so I think it might benefit from the addition of water injection.

Of coarse any modification means that you will need to adjust and change other things to compensate. You may likely hit your stock rec limit. You will definitely need to re-jet your carbs because the Rossier pipe will be asking for more fuel.

If your talking about that one for $125 then I do think that sounds like a good deal but notice the welded up area. Shouldn't affect anything imo.

I have to agree w/Matt. Very good pipe for rec. use. Very forgiving unlike a SpecII that requires frequent tuning changes to prevent rear piston seizures. Like all aftermarket pipes though, you need EWCU to get the bottom end performance. Take the time to tune it properly and you will be happy.

also the peak HP rpm with stock motor is 7100-7150 rpm....groupk report 7300 rpm with porting cylinder..
    Raising the exhaust port if you want more rpm..... i think groupk raising the exhaust port for get 7300 rpm with rossier

I got 7450 out of mine at almost 57mph. This was with a big hub RFI pump on a XP800 with Buckshot carbs. I didn't stick with it because this is a pump gas burning rec rider and I want it to be reliable. With the stock impeller it is at 7200 at 60.5 mph. That's darn near perfect I think. I'm still loving the Rossier.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo(34).JPG 
Views:	170 
Size:	142.9 KB 
ID:	288967   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo(5).JPG 
Views:	303 
Size:	111.0 KB 
ID:	288966  

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Braley View Post
    I got 7450 out of mine at almost 57mph. This was with a big hub RFI pump on a XP800 with Buckshot carbs. I didn't stick with it because this is a pump gas burning rec rider and I want it to be reliable. With the stock impeller it is at 7200 at 60.5 mph. That's darn near perfect I think. I'm still loving the Rossier.
    Wow! pretty clean your motor!yes the rossier is great pipe for rec! very very reliable!
    you could tell me your size main jet on mid pipe and stinger?

Not sure about the jet under the main fitting because it was not legible and I just cleaned it out to try it before I drilled and tapped it. I put a 185 in the stinger and a little adjustable Jetworks valve inline so it won't dump water in at idle.

Thread Information