Pittsburgh, PA

Launch ramp around West Palm Beach in FL?

I'm looking for a launch ramp around West Palm Beach with parking to store a couple trucks with trailers for a few nights.

We are planning a trip on the Ocean next June, but I want to get everything lined up ahead of time.

Can someone recommend a good ramp location? I'd prefer it to have security, and I don't mind paying a fee.

Jupiter, Florida
    Your closest choices for the Palm Beach Inlet are: Phil Foster Park, Currie Park, Jim Barry Light Harbor Park & Lake Park Marina. For overnight parking I'd definitely stay away from Currie & Jim Barry because they're not in good neighborhoods, especially Jim Barry which is right off Dixie in a the high crime area of Riviera Beach. Phil Foster is probably a good bet. It's on the east side of the ICW in Singer Island(across the bridge from the hood). It's well lit & there's a good chance the police make routine patrols through there at night. I've left my truck, trailer & ski there overnight once while camping on Peanut Island without issue. Lake Park might be the best choice. It's the only private marina of the ones I listed, & their site says they have overnight security. You might want to call to double-check though. I used to keep a boat in a slip there & never had an issue leaving my car parked for several days while out on the boat. If I remember right, their rates were $10/day. Except for Currie, you need trailer parking permits at the other county ramps. It's $10/day or $35 for an annual pass. You'll need to buy the permits online ahead of time because there are no kiosks in the parks.

Thread Information