PWC and Trailer security, what do you do?

For those of you that store your waverunners at a marina or dock, how do you secure them? I've been looking for a good cable lock but the one's I'm seeing are getting bad reviews on Amazon from people that used the cable locks out doors. Also looks like I'll have to store the trailer outside next season, I've seen some hitch locks but all the reviews say the keys are not unique to each lock and are easy to pry off. I know nothing is thief proof but any recommendations for products that you've used and are happy with would be great.

NJ -> MD Jet ski trip fuel mileage champ carguy89's Avatar
    +1
    I haven't had too many issues with my Master cable locks. I also have some big loop cables that are the same material, and I use a large padlock to lock it to another trailer, a tree, a piling on the bulkhead, etc.

+1
    Check ou this link these folks make some very good security locks and cables http://www.kryptonitelock.com/Pages/Product.aspx Tommy Jordan

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by crvtt771 View Post
    For those of you that store your waverunners at a marina or dock, how do you secure them? I've been looking for a good cable lock but the one's I'm seeing are getting bad reviews on Amazon from people that used the cable locks out doors. Also looks like I'll have to store the trailer outside next season, I've seen some hitch locks but all the reviews say the keys are not unique to each lock and are easy to pry off. I know nothing is thief proof but any recommendations for products that you've used and are happy with would be great.
    Check out the Towing/ Trailers section on the forum, tons of previous discussion on trailer security. Personally, I use a motorcycle lock on my trailer.

+1
    I use this for my trailer coupler.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o01_s00_i00

Works pretty good plus you can have your normal coupler lock under it to really piss em off if they get the first one off.

http://www.amazon.com/Master-Lock-37...r+coupler+lock

I almost had my FZR stolen from my barn about 6 months ago. Luckily I had 5 locks on it. They got through 3 of them then finally gave up. Thats when I found the Steal Shield. Insurance is always good too. It's worth the $300 I pay each year.

Thread Information