+1

Virage TXi EMM and injector swap question?

I just picked up my 2nd and 3rd Virage TXi on Sunday. I was told that both EMM are bad. When I got them home and there was no spark on both of them. I thought they were right but I still got a good deal. The next day after reading some other things to try I would just see if both EMM were bad so I swapped then and found one was good and with new plugs the better of the 2 TXi started right up. Next is to swap over the injectors or is it? What are the chances that they all would just work and I don't have to swap them? Can I tear it up if I took it to the lake and tested it? Would it burn to lean or rich? I don't want to make my good...great deal a bad one.

Banned User
    +1
    Injectors are matched to the EMM. You must follow the EMM swap with the matching injectors. Do not mix them up. Make sure they go on the same cylinder they came from.

+1
    The injectors off the non running "bad elc box board" are numbered 1 2 and 3 the problem I have never seen it run and was just told it stopped one day. I thinking it’s been worked on because the injectors are marked and read 1, 3 and then 2 on the back piston. Not sure if this is why it stopped or someone just missed numbered them. Is DFI the only people that can for sure tell me what injector goes with what piston or can they only tell me they go with the EMM and "I hope you remember what order they came off in"?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    The Digital Wrench software that DFI and any remaining Polaris watercraft dealers have is able to show which injector serial number is assigned to each cylinder.

+1
    So would I just give them the serial numbers off the EMM and each injector or would I need to bring them in? I will be heading down to Pensacola Fl this weekend and could swing DFI on the way home to Atl.
    to make things simple I will call the TXi s A and B

Unit A had not run in years and had no spark. I looked at the elc box in back and it was a mess. I ordered a new cir board for $35 and new solenoid. I looked at the injectors and they looked like they have been taken off due to the numbers some one put on them. The hours on it are 97 and the psi is 135 135 and 130,

Unit B had no spark but everything else looked clean. I did swap EMMs and did get spark but for the front piston. I took the coil off and found a piece of metal was on the front and back that goes inside the coil was broken off on each side. so I replaced it with one from A. Then with new plugs it fired right up. Not that it would be a big deal to swap the injectors but I'm not 100% sure the ones from A are the right ones. That is why having some one tell me yes they match or no they are all backwards would be very helpful. If I do swap them how would I know if they are the right ones by how it runs?

Here is a pic of the Elc box in A They taped a number of wires to bypass the board also.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bad elc board.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	81.5 KB 
ID:	284082

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bad elc box 2.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	284083Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bad elc box 2.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	284083
    Last edited by macdoo; 09-26-2012 at 07:38 AM.

Thread Information