Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

To SCOM or not to SCOM

I'm always on the look out for my next ski. The 300x looks interesting, but I wonder about reliability when modding the ski after reading through many of the threads. I was wondering is the SCOM a reliable long term mod for the 300x or is it better to keep it stock to maintain reliability?

word of advise dont buy a 300, and if you bought one leave it stock if you can if not hope u got a deep pocket

Self Confessed Day Dreamer toomanytoys's Avatar
    +1
    85 hours, SCOM from 7 hours, I ride 100% salt in mainly open waters. Compression is well within spec with a leakdown result of less than 10% across all 4 cylinders. I don't use ANY oil. I don't have Gas in the Oil. It doesn't blow oil through the system, hell I don't even get oil out of the Bypass Valve's filter I put on (that most people say not to use because you get oil pushed through it).

It runs 72mph all day with a max of 75. It's basically stock, except a few air mods. No engine mods at all.

It's well maintained (oil changes, flushed, washed etc) and hasn't given me any trouble. I've replaced two Exhaust Filters (the second one today). It's a 30 minute job and costs less than $200. It didn't cause a "break-down" as such. It's always got me home and I've never had an Error Code that caused any repairable issue.

It's a machine. Best PWC I've ridden, for my water conditions, ever.

What more can I say

Cheers, Mal

4. +1 by:

Banned User
    +1

To SCOM or not to SCOM

Quote Originally Posted by jorge82 View Post
    word of advise dont buy a 300, and if you bought one leave it stock if you can if not hope u got a deep pocket
    Just another bored tool huh ?

Banned User
    +1

To SCOM or not to SCOM

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
    I'm always on the look out for my next ski. The 300x looks interesting, but I wonder about reliability when modding the ski after reading through many of the threads. I was wondering is the SCOM a reliable long term mod for the 300x or is it better to keep it stock to maintain reliability?
    For a rec rider the scom is fine. Just remember with Any mod there is a chance of something happening overall for the avg rider it will pose no issues. Good luck with your choice.

300X is a great ski, But like all ski's if you maintain it no prob... AND THAT'S COMING FROM A SEA DOO RXT-X OWNER!

+1
    I have been washered/scom'd since day one and I got mine in early 2011. Not sure on the hours, but I've raced and ridden it hard it's whole life without issue. Just went 74.7 this weekend on a closed course, so it's still running good.

To me, a scom is a must have.

+1
    what do you know another thread started by you to start arguments...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by r33pwrd View Post
    Aw look, I've got my own little forum stalker now. How cute See you in the next thread I post in little buddy.

+1

To SCOM or not to SCOM

Quote Originally Posted by r33pwrd View Post
    Aw look, I've got my own little forum stalker now. How cute See you in the next thread I post in little buddy.
    Anything is better than being a troll...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information