Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24
  1. #1
    TDR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    727
    +1
    10

    Fizzle Old intercooler and fizzle HE dimensions

    Hey guys do you know the dimensions of the 2 fizzle intercoolers?
    Are they the same dimensions?

    Thanks


  2. #2
    JFizzleJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    8,625
    +1
    806
    Surprisingly the new cooler is smaller. Much more efficient though (as implied by the name). The new cooler is approximately 11.5" long with the inlet/outlet flanges included in the measurement. Width is approximately 10.5" at the widest part. Height is the same as the other cooler. The original cooler is at least 1 inch wider and at least 1 inch longer. I don't have the exact measurements with me.

  3. #3
    TDR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    727
    +1
    10
    Thanks for that! are the inlet and outlet holes 3inch?

    I was asking because im getting one of your older fizzle intercoolers in (because i got it cheap) then i will be buying a HE fizzle IC. I dont want to plumb the piping for the older version then get the new one it and it doesn't fit.

    I am plumbing this intercooler to fit into a S3 hull so its going to be a little different.

    What is the width of the older fizzle so i can get an idea of if i should wait to buy the pipes for the newer version.

  4. #4
    JFizzleJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    8,625
    +1
    806
    The inlet/outlet on the new cooler are 2.75" so you will need a new coupler for both the IC inlet and outlet. Are you getting the older fizzle intercooler setup with the heavy duty mounting bracket? It's the bracket setup that's made up of 2 pieces of nearly 1/4" thick aluminum plate.

    Quote Originally Posted by TDR View Post
    Thanks for that! are the inlet and outlet holes 3inch?

    I was asking because im getting one of your older fizzle intercoolers in (because i got it cheap) then i will be buying a HE fizzle IC. I dont want to plumb the piping for the older version then get the new one it and it doesn't fit.

    I am plumbing this intercooler to fit into a S3 hull so its going to be a little different.

    What is the width of the older fizzle so i can get an idea of if i should wait to buy the pipes for the newer version.

  5. #5
    TDR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    727
    +1
    10
    I am getting just the older intercooler. No brackets or anything. Because the bracket that it comes with wont fit on the newer S3 hulls.

  6. #6
    HardmanGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Rutherfordton, NC
    Posts
    459
    +1
    3
    he bought my used one with no bracket or piping.

  7. #7
    Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,004
    +1
    406
    These are the specs on Fizzle's old cooler if thats what your looking for.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	intercooler_12x12_25x4_5SSio_specsheet.gif 
Views:	223 
Size:	7.9 KB 
ID:	284138  

  8. +1 by:

    TDR

  9. #8
    JFizzleJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    8,625
    +1
    806
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    These are the specs on Fizzle's old cooler if thats what your looking for.
    Thanks Duke, that should definitely help!

    One minor note is the mounting holes on the old cooler are M10, not M8 like what's in that picture.

  10. #9
    TDR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    727
    +1
    10
    Thanks guys! thats defiantly helps.

  11. #10
    Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,004
    +1
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    These are the specs on Fizzle's old cooler if thats what your looking for.
    Thanks Duke, that should definitely help!

    One minor note is the mounting holes on the old cooler are M10, not M8 like what's in that picture.
    My bad. Think the rest is the same though.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. SOLD Fizzle HE intercooler kit
    By Sturm215 in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-24-2013, 05:50 AM
  2. Fizzle HE Intercooler install on a 2012 RXP-X (pic)
    By Brd-Prey in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-27-2012, 09:55 AM
  3. FS - Parts XS (fizzle) Intercooler and Piping - $250
    By tchies in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-24-2012, 01:29 PM
  4. FS Fizzle intercooler and hks SSQ bov
    By dlamazing in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-10-2011, 08:18 PM
  5. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 08-13-2010, 09:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •