Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Get your FREE Obama phone.......

Homer, AK, D.F., MEX., Now San Antonio, TX
    +1
    My God. Is this the final destination of this once great country?

+1
    That video is awful and there really are mindless people like that out there, but that program has nothing to do with Obama. In fact, Ronald Regan is more responsible for those free cell phones than Obama. The Lifeline program that is providing those free phones is a federally funded program that was created in 1984 under President Reagan and was expanded in 1996 under President Clinton to allow qualifying households to choose to apply the benefit to either a landline or a cell phone. This is a program that is clearly in need of some reform to curb the abuse of the system. There also needs to be more education about it so that people like the woman in the video don't become the face of a program that was meant to help those who are in need, not prop up those who refuse to help themselves.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/taxes/cellphone.asp

+1
    Liberals who hijack a program that was created with honorable intentions to turn it into whatever is happening here ruin everything. If you get your bullshit from Snopes, you are one of them. Don't you try to drag Reagan into YOUR abortion.

+1
    I said that the free phone program is clearly being abused and is need of reform because of people who abuse the system, like the woman in the video. All I did was point out that Obama has nothing to do with this program. God forbid I use facts to point this out. I abhor (you may need to look this word up based on most of your posts) people who abuse the system, whether it be welfare or offshore tax havens. To lump me in with people like that because I used a Snopes link to prove that point is ridiculous. I used Snopes because it is written very simply so that is easier to understand. I have attached a link to the FCC that has more information about the program, but you may not be able to understand it because it is full of real facts and statistics and I know those must confuse you.
    http://www.fcc.gov/lifeline

Finally, there may be no more offensive, or unintelligible (you may need to look this up too) thing that you have ever stated than, "Don't you try to drag Reagan into YOUR abortion." As a man who just got back from my wife's 12 week prenatal appointment and heard my first child's heart beat for the first time, to insinuate (http://dictionary.reference.com/) that I would abort my child because I correctly stated that Ronald Reagan created the free cell phone program is way beyond offensive. Clearly your blind hatred for Obama has rotted your mind to the point that you can barely function. I would hope that would be the case and not that you are really just that awful of a human being.

+1
    And I have five children, liberal. The abortion is nothing to do with your child, so don't distort that either.
    Just go get your phone.

+1
    If you mean liberal as it's defined in the dictionary (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/liberal?s=t), thank you! I am interested in reform because I think it is needed to address people who abuse the system. I believe in the maximum individual freedom possible, especially as guaranteed by law and secured by governmental protection of civil liberties. I also believe the part about favoring or permitting freedom of action, especially with respect to matters of personal belief. So if that is what you meant, I guess that I am a liberal.

If you were referring to my political affiliation, I am and have been a registered Independent since I was 18. I have voted Republican in 2 out of the last 3 elections, but the Republican party has gone off the deep end and has been catering to the far right fringe lately so they have lost my support. I am a very middle of the road moderate who is fiscally conservative and socially more liberal. The Republican party is so far to the right at this time that the Democratic party is the only one that is remotely moderate.

The majority of this country identifies itself as Independent (http://www.gallup.com/poll/151943/re...ependents.aspx) so before you write me off as some "liberal" who doesn't count, think critically (this may be difficult for you) about what that means to an election. You can't win an election with only 27% of the population supporting you views so if by your logic all Independents are "liberals" then Obama is going to win re-election by the largest margin in history.

8. +1 by:

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    Had to hit the "Thanks" button on Vikesfan on this one. Mark you clearly do not have any sense of thoughtful function in disimilating fact and/or fiction. You to me are a great example of what has become of the discourse in this country. A guy lays out the facts, expresses his opinion, and you go all "Jerry Springer" on him. Your inability to accept tactful and factual discourse because of your unwillingness to examine anything layed out beyond the end of your probably pointy nose lends no favor to yourself.
    In fact, you sound as ignorant as the lady possibly is in the video you posted at times because your tone is disdaneful and nasty. Liberals this and that. Conservatives have just as much responsibility for the mess we are in. Wake up buddy, and smell the backside of reality.
    Best wishes and have a nice day.

+1
    Yeah? Well, fuck you both! How's that for discourse?

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    No.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information