Direct Injection on a 2cyl

Hello, just joined, I have a question about building a direct injected 2-cyl engine.
    I think the direct injection technology is fantastic, but I don't need all the power of the 3-cyl for my project (not a jetski),
    so I'm thinking I could adapt the 3-cyl head on the 1100 to a 2-cyl, and build my own electronics (i've built custom fuel injection system before).
    I'm wondering if the 3-cyl head will bolt to which 2-cyl? Or do I have to custom machine my own? They look pretty simple (compared to 4-stroke!)
    Thanks, Jack

Let me out of here......I need to go on Greenhulk!
    +1
    Not sure about the kawi motors but you might want to check into Polaris. They made a 2 stroke direct injection system and their stuff is more interchangable.

-

Quote Originally Posted by nimblemotors View Post
    Hello, just joined, I have a question about building a direct injected 2-cyl engine.
    I think the direct injection technology is fantastic, but I don't need all the power of the 3-cyl for my project (not a jetski),
    so I'm thinking I could adapt the 3-cyl head on the 1100 to a 2-cyl, and build my own electronics (i've built custom fuel injection system before).
    I'm wondering if the 3-cyl head will bolt to which 2-cyl? Or do I have to custom machine my own? They look pretty simple (compared to 4-stroke!)
    Thanks, Jack

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1

Re: Direct Injection on a 2cyl

Do it. Send me a pm when you start doing the ecu and I'll help you out.

Sean

Banned User
    +1
    The Polaris Virage I is a 800 cc 2 cylinder direct injected motor. 100 HP. It uses the Ficht fuel injection like the evinrude outboards, and I think the Kawis used the same system.

Let me out of here......I need to go on Greenhulk!
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    The Polaris Virage I is a 800 cc 2 cylinder direct injected motor. 100 HP. It uses the Ficht fuel injection like the evinrude outboards, and I think the Kawis used the same system.
    I think that the polaris octane uses the 800 motor but carbed, wonder if they make a pipe for that ski that you could use on a DI. I have seen guys use a twin pipe exhaust on the 800 in the polaris runabout hull.
    Also the sea doo 951 is made in an injected version and factory pipe makes an exhaust system for that motor.

Does anyone know if the 440, 550, 650, or 750 2-cyl has the same head bolt pattern (for each cyl) as the 3-cyl 1100?

The polaris skis are not very common (here anyway) the kawasaki is quite common.

Thread Information