Fuel baffle drilled for f1 fuse jumper, do i need to worry about the drilled hole ?

Hello

I am sure you all have seen the fuse jumper on the sending unit repair instructions online.
    They show how to cut the baffle, solder a jumper around the blown fuse and then plastic weld
    the piece back in the baffle. My question is does it really mater if you cover the cut hole back up?
    I would appreciate some input.

Thanks
    David

+1
    No it only matters for the looks.

Quote Originally Posted by caliburn View Post
    No it only matters for the looks.
    Well, okay not really sure if that matters because you can not see it once it is in the tank. The reason I asked this question is because there is already a factory 3mm hole directly on the other side of hole I made by driiling to get access for the f1 fuse on the circuit board inthe baffle.
    I can not think of anything this would hurt by not filling these cuts to jumper the sending unit fuse. The fuel system is sucking fuel from the inside molded tubes of the baffle (reserve or normal mode). These inside tubes are at the bottom of the tank.

+1
    yeh, you are right, but always good to get a second oppinion, it really does not matter if its left open, but it does not take much time to close it back up either like everyone else does, me I did not know about that thread and someone told me about the F1 fuse which is nothing more then a relay, I ended up cutting mine all the way off towards the top of the baffle and then seen that F1 thread, oops,it made for soudering easy though with the circuit board out with the top, so had to drill out both ends of the inner tubes and plastic glued fittings inside them and welded the whole thing back together, works good as new just took my way longer LOL.

Thread Information