Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Panama City/Destin dolphins

Read about the dolphins, especially round PC, but do you really see that many and can you get as close as some of the videos/pics show? Goin down next week and needing a little feedback on em.
    Appears PC is the place to see them, but do you see some around Destin as well?
    Any suggestions on how to approach them? What does or doesn't scare them?

+1
    When we took the kids on the party barge excursion around Shell Beach, PC, we were literally within 15 to 30 feet of the dolphins. Same thing I witnessed in Orange Beach: the small pod was within 30 feet of a group of about 7 to 10 skis. It seems they are quite acclimated to
    Alien visitors. I have no experience with such encounters in the Destin area.

+1
    Last summer my friends all drug there ski's down to PC from Birmingham. I rented one cause I didn't own one at the time. We hired a tour guide to kinda show us where some of the dolphins were. I can't remember the place it was right in front of Pelican Walk condos. I'll see if I can find the name. Anyways we met in the Anderson's bay. We went to a few places went sight seing and then he showed us some dolphins. Just idling the dolphins were coming anywhere form 5-10 feet of the ski's. We actually jumped off to swim with them. They would come close enough to where you could brush them with your hand wasn't skitish at all.

I'll see if I can get the name for you. I've been wanting to take my ultra down there so bad. I'm actually looking for a house down there.

Re: Panama City/Destin dolphins

Atlantic city was the spot we witnessed dolphins multiple times. There was a school of them about 5 feet from our skis! I have pictures on the go pro just have to look through the footage

+1
    We tow our ski's down to PC and I've had them come up and lay there nose on the foot well.

We love it there, long tow from Ohio. Lol

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezl_Dr View Post
    We tow our ski's down to PC and I've had them come up and lay there nose on the foot well.

We love it there, long tow from Ohio. Lol
    Next time you go holla. I wanna get a group to go ride down there.

+1
    They will put you in jail for doing this now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10-05-2012 01;59;18PM.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	66.6 KB 
ID:	284712

Just got back and had a blast! Being from Texas, we don't know what a swell is! lol First day we went to PC we went into the channel to the gulf and the swells scared us so we didn't go into gulf. Next day was a lot better. Went into gulf, took a right, went up toward the beach and dolphin were everywhere! We saw a LOT. They are intimidating at first because they're so big. We got a lot of pics and some video. Saw them at the channel opening in Destin too! Was pretty neat, all these little fish were jumping in front of us to get away from the dolphin! I need to move my azz to Fla. Not enough REAL water here!

+1
    Any other riding; did you check out any of the trails from the site in the Panhandle?

We rode from Navarre to Pensacola. Not a bad ride but nothing extra to see. Spent more time in PC with the dolphins so didn't see a lot more. A great time just the same. Will go back in the future and see more. Would like to see a trail of Blackwater River. Spoke to several riders that ride it occasionally and sounds like a great ride.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information