Seadoo oil pressure sensor strikes again!

well i bought my rxtx at 32 hours. at 38 hours i replaced my first oil press sensor. iv done 43 hours, and now iv got the OIL code coming up again. could this be another failed sensor? how many of these sensors are people going through? is there a superseeded part to replace these sensors that done fail? nothing worse than coming into the beginning of summer and our first day cut short by niggly little faults.

Kiwi spanner handler
    +1
    might have a wiring issue or bad oil pressure regulator in the pto housing as the later sensor were not that unreliable

the last one i had was passing oil, which i assume was creating too much resistance and causing the light to come on. as you can see in this thread i posted a few weeks back, http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...x+oil+pressure on page 2, the picture of the sensor i put up, its dripping oil from the centre. After replacing it (with the current sensor) i had no issues and the fault went away.. untill now same issue. iv just pulled the sensor and had a look, and same thing, its passing oil through the centre.

I also pulled the oil filter while i was there to have a look, and i noticed it has seperated. if you hold the top and bottom you can twist and all the filter media has started to distort and fold in. :S

To much is never enough Badvgood's Avatar
    +1
    See post 57 on this thread - http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...t=50324&page=6

Is your oil filter collapsing like this? If so it could be a you have small amounts of antifreeze mixing in the oil. Most of it burns off but the glycerin remains and turns to slime and clogs the filter causing the collapse.

Have you checked your oil pressure? You may have two faults, 1 to much oil pressure & 2 an antifreeze leak internally.

To much is never enough Badvgood's Avatar
    +1
    See post 57 on this thread - http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...t=50324&page=6

Is your oil filter collapsing like this? If so it could be a you have small amounts of antifreeze mixing in the oil. Most of it burns off but the glycerin remains and turns to slime and clogs the filter causing the collapse.

Have you checked your oil pressure? You may have two faults, 1 to much oil pressure & 2 an antifreeze leak internally.

Thread Information