Thread: EMM for DI 1100

EMM for DI 1100

friend just picked up a 02 that got a dead ECM
    does anyone rebuild them or sell reconditioned ones?

the only place i have known to rebuild the ficht ecm is DFi in orange beach al, i have read somewhere that they have discontinued the service for pwc's, i dont know this to be fact but its very likely, i expect that at some time no one will be selling any new oem parts for the DFi [ not Etec ] market as well, this may affect the outboard DFi engines also, its not an overly complicated system at all, very few factory trained tech's will still work on them.

imo it was an excellent system @ year 2000 when most all bugs were worked out, but BIG corp spending and overpaid company executives caused Johnson Evinrude to file bankruptcy and be sold to Bombardier an auction, the technology is now known as the Etec ! i believe Bombardier now holds the patient for the technology so its locked up and wont be shared.

prolly best to convert to carb if he wants to keep and run the ski.

Yea we had both talked about DFI and was hoping there was someplace else,but if they are no longer a player its a bad thing.

Ok you guys got me scared because I have a Polaris computer I need to have repaired which is essentially the same as the Kawi (I also have a DI Kawi). I just got off the phone with DFI and they do still work on PWC computers and said they have no idea where the rumor they dont has come from.

what caused the polaris ecm to fail ?

The ski had problems when I got it, would run fine if you primed it with gas but would not start otherwise. Sent it to DFI and they said the computer was not repairable. A chip had blown on the board and had damaged some traces. I bought a used computer and injector set and installed them on the ski. It started immediately in garage and seemed to be fine, but was middle of winter so couldnt take it to lake. By the time summer came around the ski would not start even with a prime. It will catch and fire, but then immediately dies. I have run through most of the diagnostics for other problems and have found nothing, so going to send in the computer to see if there is a problem with it.

before you do that test the fuel pressure, if not mistaken it should be @ 23 psi, its in the manual, also if fuel has been setting for a long time drain and fuel up with fresh fuel, what about fuel filter can you blow through it.

Quote Originally Posted by 123456 View Post
    before you do that test the fuel pressure, if not mistaken it should be @ 23 psi, its in the manual, also if fuel has been setting for a long time drain and fuel up with fresh fuel, what about fuel filter can you blow through it.
    Done all that, fuel pressure was fixed before the computer was replaced, fuel was all fresh, got good voltage to injectors, battery is strong etc. Fuel lines have all been replaced, electrical system gone through, etc etc etc. If nothing is wrong with the computer they dont charge anything to test it, so after everything else I have checked and double checked Im to the point of having the computer tested.

Thread Information