Help for a newbie

Thanks for all of the insight on this forum. I attempted to flush my 2007 Yamaha Waverunner VX 1100 today prior to performing oil change and winterization and i hooked garden house to the flush port. I was not receiving any water through the cooling water pilot outlet and i received a overheating indication. My question is whether or not this is normal and did i damage my pwc? Thanks a ton for your help!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by trevman View Post
    Thanks for all of the insight on this forum. I attempted to flush my 2007 Yamaha Waverunner VX 1100 today prior to performing oil change and winterization and i hooked garden house to the flush port. I was not receiving any water through the cooling water pilot outlet and i received a overheating indication. My question is whether or not this is normal and did i damage my pwc? Thanks a ton for your help!!!
    Did you have water running out from around the pump area? Most likely cause is either low water pressure or ski is tilted too far backwards, or a combination of both. Drob the ski down at the front.......you could also clamp off the inlet cooling hose......this will direct all water around the motor (around half is usually directed out through the inlet filter screen when flushing & does not go around the cooling passages).
    You should not have done any damage.........the overheat alarm will cut the motor before any damage will occur..........this is why you should always be close to the ski when flushing.........if the alarm cuts the motor before you have turned the water off, then you will have problems!

3. +1 by:

Dave,

Thank you. I will attempt to reflush again. What you say makes sense because our rural water is lower pressure. I will also attempt to tilt ski forward. My biggest concern is proper flushing and winterization because i am in the northeast where it gets mighty cold in the winter. My son, who thinks he owns the machine, would kill me if i ruined it!

Thanks again!!!

G

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by volltrex View Post
    ...if the alarm cuts the motor before you have turned the water off, then you will have problems!
    Good point Dave!

Thread Information