FZR/Vi-Pec Idle Problem

Have 2 2012 Yamaha FZRs.

FZR #1 MAP set up is perfect on it and it runs great. Copied the MAP from #1 and loaded onto#2 FZR using the VI-Pec V88 software. Firmware version 4.9.1

FZR #2 now sounds and runs great with the exception that it will not idle. If you give it a little gas it cranks up and runs great. You can hold the throttle and it will idle, but as soon as you let go it dies. I have run calibrations MANY times with no luck in fixing the problem.

I have cleared the ECU error codes as well. The only error code that came up was Error code 73, which doesn't seem to be related to my idle problem.

I am new to using this software, and the lack of explaination in the mauals available is making my brains hurt. If anyone can help me with this ASAP it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tara

As a side note, Online tutorials would be a FANTASTIC thing to have available for purchasers of this software, or at least a new user friendly manual.

Quote Originally Posted by Tara is a Nerd View Post
    Have 2 2012 Yamaha FZRs.

FZR #1 MAP set up is perfect on it and it runs great. Copied the MAP from #1 and loaded onto#2 FZR using the VI-Pec V88 software. Firmware version 4.9.1

FZR #2 now sounds and runs great with the exception that it will not idle. If you give it a little gas it cranks up and runs great. You can hold the throttle and it will idle, but as soon as you let go it dies. I have run calibrations MANY times with no luck in fixing the problem.

I have cleared the ECU error codes as well. The only error code that came up was Error code 73, which doesn't seem to be related to my idle problem.

I am new to using this software, and the lack of explaination in the mauals available is making my brains hurt. If anyone can help me with this ASAP it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tara

As a side note, Online tutorials would be a FANTASTIC thing to have available for purchasers of this software, or at least a new user friendly manual.
    When you loaded the map in FZR# 2 did you go through and calibrate TP and FPS in the E-throttle section? If not then thats the problem.. Load map, calibrate e-throttle, calibrate map sensor, then save...

Thread Information