FX Crusier Pop Up Cleats?

Hi Guys,

Does anyone have photos of these from the back side? I'm thinking about installing them on my FX HO.

They are clearly attwood neat cleats, but I'm thinking they should have a backing plate or something.

Can anyone snap some photos so that I get it done right?

Thanks

+1
    I had them on my last cruiser. My current ski is a non cruiser. I do not miss the cleats. When I had them I passed by them for a rope over the handlebar or the tie down eye on the stern. Personally, I wouldn't drill a hole in my boat to add them.

+1
    I took this from the parts diagram. Yes, there is a backing plate(part 18 ). 19 & 22 are gaskets.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScreenHunter_01 Oct. 01 11.58.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	23.6 KB 
ID:	284469  

Had the yamaha cleats added to my vx, I like them but when tied to dock and a few nice waves from boaters came threw (was a holiday weekend), there hard to pull up now but didn't do any damage to hull, currently modifying boat lift for skies!

+1
    I occasionally use them on my cruiser, but don't miss them on my FZR. I originally wanted to put them on the FZR, but a rope around the handlebars works just as good.

+1
    I looked, but not hard at maybe putting these on my FX-HO. I couldn't see how you could mount the cleat in the same location as the FX cruiser is now. I think they are installed before the deck went on.

I just put a rope around the handle bars, too.

I got a cruiser and find they kind of suck. Terrible place for them. Most of the time I end up tying off to the rear hook and the front bow eye.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1300r View Post
    I looked, but not hard at maybe putting these on my FX-HO. I couldn't see how you could mount the cleat in the same location as the FX cruiser is now. I think they are installed before the deck went on.

I just put a rope around the handle bars, too.
    Not sure about the new hull, but I can just barely reach the backing plate on mine with one hand from the engine bay. It'd probably be a 2-man job...one to hold the insert in place while the other attaches the rivets. I'm sure they'd work just as well in an easier to reach location though.

I love 'em. Before launching my ski I attach the eye spliced end of a dock line to the cleat & throw the loose end into the front storage. When we stop to eat, I'm at the bar ordering a beer while most guys are still digging lines out of their storage buckets.

Mine are in the factory location, found a local fiber glass guy that agreed to put them in for decent price. Not really sure how he done it, don't think I really want to know and there was some foam in bottom of hull when I got them back.

+1

FX Crusier Pop Up Cleats?

Easy to put on. Helped a friend do it. Just make sure you move the location far enough forward so that you have clearance for the two cleat rods when the cleat is down.
    Last edited by nashvegas; 10-01-2012 at 09:56 PM.

Thread Information