fx sho gps speed light mods

finally got a gps on the sho and wanted to share my numbers.ski already blew a clutch this year and is still under warranty so im keeping the engine itself completely untouched not even a ribbon delete and a stock prop until warranty is up.runs where all done in a sweet water lake for only about 1/4 mile with speeds slowly climbing.ive heard stock sho's gps around 65mph full tank so im pretty satisfied with 5mph just boltons but i think its got a little more in it id like to try a longer lake cooler temps and less fuel hoping for 72ish same mods in ideal conditions.

80degree weather on the seat 175lb rider 1 click up garmin etrex legend

full tank 69.9 3/4 tank 70.3 gps

diy intake
    diy blow off valve
    diy ff exhaust
    diy waterbox
    foam removed
    pump seal kit
    r&d cone
    r&d grate
    jims r&d plate
    filled plate holes

got about $1000 into the ski
    when warrantys up im thinking a ribbon delete and an r3

YAMAHA POWAAAA !!!!! 1_Fast_SHO's Avatar
    +1
    U need to take off the restriction of that TB. i have never heard of a warranty avoided because of removing this. i live in your area also. Remove it and see the gains

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_Fast_SHO View Post
    U need to take off the restriction of that TB. i have never heard of a warranty avoided because of removing this. i live in your area also. Remove it and see the gains
    I agree and I bet 90% of Yamaha mechanics would not even notice them missing My experience has been the dealers dont really care about mods....

But good numbers for not a lot of $$ spent!

1fastsho im dieng to brother.its the cheapest mod with some of the best gains as far as ive read but i want to do some more research before digging in as i know dealers can get stupid sometimes.where did you buy your sho at and have you taken it in modded while still under warranty ?

r33pwrd thanks for the compliment the weather is really humid and hot right now im sure i will get better numbers soon with a longer stretch less fuel and better weather.the amount of fuel in these things effects speed tremendously by helping the hull get out of the water. ive tinkered with cars all my life but jet skis are a whole different game as hp isnt everything there is hidden speed everywhere.

YAMAHA POWAAAA !!!!! 1_Fast_SHO's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by hialeahchiko305 View Post
    1fastsho im dieng to brother.its the cheapest mod with some of the best gains as far as ive read but i want to do some more research before digging in as i know dealers can get stupid sometimes.where did you buy your sho at and have you taken it in modded while still under warranty ?

r33pwrd thanks for the compliment the weather is really humid and hot right now im sure i will get better numbers soon with a longer stretch less fuel and better weather.the amount of fuel in these things effects speed tremendously by helping the hull get out of the water. ive tinkered with cars all my life but jet skis are a whole different game as hp isnt everything there is hidden speed everywhere.

i got my ski at MOTORPORT USA, the first day was raining so i did the exhaust system, i still dont know how the factory one rides jajaja, as of today Mine is TURBO. i can tell you something, Dealers down here in Florida dont care about mods. just dont touch the actual ENGINE. take that Falme arrestor and see some gains. if u need help or advice pm me. or text me 305-335-6779 i would help you out.

i appreciate the advice and heads up.if you ever have small parts available give me a shout i just might take off your hands since your local.thanks again.

Thread Information