Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2012 Fx Cruiser Sho Jet accidentally suck the rope, Help...

I just bought this pwc and out to the local beach and accident happened. The rope I use to tight the ski to harbor sucked in to the jet and gone. Now I have to take it out from the jet housing, what a bummer...
    Any help will be appreciated...thanks in advance

+1
    That happens a lot. People don't know about it so they don't pay attention. If this is not in the manual, it should be as a precaution to help educate the new owners.

Remove the intake grate (4 bolt only and see if you can cut the rope and take it out. That'd be the easiest way if possible.

+1
    Depending on how badly it's wrapped in the prop, you might be able to simply remove the intake grate & cut it out from underneath the ski. If not, the pump is not hard to remove. First remove the 2 hoses, the allen bolt( and locknut) that attaches the steering cable to the steering nozzle & the quick release fitting that attaches to the reverse. After that, it's only 4 M10 bolts that hold the pump & venturi on. Once those are removed, it's sealed with silicone from the factory, so you'll need a large flathead screwdriver to pry the pump free from the wear ring. There are pry points on the right side of the pump for just that reason.

For reassembly, you'll need 1211 silicone to seal the pump back up after removing ALL the old stuff applied from the factory. You'll also want to use thread sealer on the pump bolts to make sure salt water can't get in there & seize them up.

edit...Forgot to mention you'll need to remove the rideplate before removing the pump.
    Last edited by mjh3ides; 10-01-2012 at 04:16 PM.

4. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    Depending on how badly it's wrapped in the prop, you might be able to simply remove the intake grate & cut it out from underneath the ski. If not, the pump is not hard to remove. First remove the 2 hoses, the allen bolt( and locknut) that attaches the steering cable to the steering nozzle & the quick release fitting that attaches to the reverse. After that, it's only 4 M10 bolts that hold the pump & venturi on. Once those are removed, it's sealed with silicone from the factory, so you'll need a large flathead screwdriver to pry the pump free from the wear ring. There are pry points on the right side of the pump for just that reason.

For reassembly, you'll need 1211 silicone to seal the pump back up after removing ALL the old stuff applied from the factory. You'll also want to use thread sealer on the pump bolts to make sure salt water can't get in there & seize them up.

edit...Forgot to mention you'll need to remove the rideplate before removing the pump.

Thanks guys will try to figure out what the intake grate is and where? I am assuming it is in the jet area..

+1
    Crawl under the ski from the rear and it is the thing that look like a grate about a foot from the rear of the ski... there are two bolts 2 front and 2 rear. If you have a stock grate you might be able to reach up there with it in place (hard to say I have never seen a FX grate)

make sure and use a TQ wrench when you put it back on.

any pictures will be great, I am new with this pwc.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by javadude View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post

Thanks guys will try to figure out what the intake grate is and where? I am assuming it is in the jet area..
    It's the metal grate on the bottom of the hull that keeps debris out of the pump. It's attached with either 4 or 6 bolts.

Quote Originally Posted by r33pwrd View Post
    Crawl under the ski from the rear and it is the thing that look like a grate about a foot from the rear of the ski... there are two bolts 2 front and 2 rear. If you have a stock grate you might be able to reach up there with it in place (hard to say I have never seen a FX grate)

make sure and use a TQ wrench when you put it back on.

Do you know what is the tq for those 4 bolts? I have tq wrench.

ok I cant wait to get home and check this out...I am here in SoCal....

+1
    http://media.photobucket.com/image/y...ntakeGrate.jpg
    not my picture but a quick google search found this. It is the only think you will be able to see the rope through from the bottom.

And the FX might be 6 bolts?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information