+1

lost performance with dplate install

Hi guys and gals.Last week I did my first mod on my 2007 1300r.After the plate install today I ran it in the Delaware River.It seems to have a hesitation before it goes when giving it full throttle.I tried this at many different rpms with the same result.I also noticed that at full speed 63 gps today It seems like it is holding back a little.I hear what I believe to be a misfire once in a awhile at slower speeds.I already put new plugs.I am wondering if the problem was there before but is more pronounced with the dplate.The cat was in good condition with 150 hours when removed.Compession is good.I am thinking wires or fuel problem.I was wondering also can I use a full injection gas additive.I know chevron makes one that works good on cars.I am getting ready to order a pump upgrade kit and new impeller and ride plate.I would like to solve this issue before doing any mods.It does run alot cooler now.I should also mention that I was low on fuel.The warning lite came on as i was approaching the ramp.I started my run with a half tank.Where is the best place to start?Season almost done here.i hope for 1 more ride before winterize

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by tvtyme2000 View Post
    Hi guys and gals.Last week I did my first mod on my 2007 1300r.After the plate install today I ran it in the Delaware River.It seems to have a hesitation before it goes when giving it full throttle.I tried this at many different rpms with the same result.I also noticed that at full speed 63 gps today It seems like it is holding back a little.I hear what I believe to be a misfire once in a awhile at slower speeds.I already put new plugs.I am wondering if the problem was there before but is more pronounced with the dplate.The cat was in good condition with 150 hours when removed.Compession is good.I am thinking wires or fuel problem.I was wondering also can I use a full injection gas additive.I know chevron makes one that works good on cars.I am getting ready to order a pump upgrade kit and new impeller and ride plate.I would like to solve this issue before doing any mods.It does run alot cooler now.I should also mention that I was low on fuel.The warning lite came on as i was approaching the ramp.I started my run with a half tank.Where is the best place to start?Season almost done here.i hope for 1 more ride before winterize
    you need a powershot to get more fuel due to removing the cat.

+1
    sorry for the ingnorance but what is a power shot?

+1

powershot

Quote Originally Posted by Yamakazie View Post
    They sunblock coudnt block all the Rays
    I have been doing alot of reading and according to alot of threads a powershot is not needed with just a dplate install.Just trying to figure out where to start looking to fix problem.Sorry if some think it is a stupid ?

5. +1 by:

+1
    No I think he was saying that to my question, as I did a D-plate and have some simular symptoms as your self and never heard that I needed a Power shot with the D-plate, so I dont know what one is only thought I would ask the stupid question, My mistake

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by tvtyme2000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamakazie View Post
    They sunblock coudnt block all the Rays
    I have been doing alot of reading and according to alot of threads a powershot is not needed with just a dplate install.Just trying to figure out where to start looking to fix problem.Sorry if some think it is a stupid ?
    On a non powervalve you do it is very lean on bottom and mid to begin with a D plate puts it over the top especially if you used the riva one with the bigger opening, Other wise you will be looking alot to fix your issue.

Thread Information