Advice on upgrades?

So the rest of my parts are starting to trickle in and should be here by friday. My question to you all is how much do you think I'll gain and should i get a new prop or stick with the 15/20 and get a smaller nozzle? Im starting with a bone stock 2004 rxp 215 @ 100 hours. Speedo says 72, gps says 66.

these are my mods;
    -x-charger
    -42lb injectors
    -cx racing 6x4x12 core ext ic
    -rrfpr
    -torx racing intake/exhaust valves with stock springs/retainers
    -innovate mtx-l 3844 afr kit

If i go with a different size nozzle can I use riva reducers with the stock nozzle?

Thanks!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mieyk View Post
    So the rest of my parts are starting to trickle in and should be here by friday. My question to you all is how much do you think I'll gain and should i get a new prop or stick with the 15/20 and get a smaller nozzle? Im starting with a bone stock 2004 rxp 215 @ 100 hours. Speedo says 72, gps says 66.

these are my mods;
    -x-charger
    -42lb injectors
    -cx racing 6x4x12 core ext ic
    -rrfpr
    -torx racing intake/exhaust valves with stock springs/retainers
    -innovate mtx-l 3844 afr kit

If i go with a different size nozzle can I use riva reducers with the stock nozzle?

Thanks!
    You have the prop you need. Lots of us just keep the stock 83mm nozzle and have the prop tweaked around it. Often the rings can pop off.

I will guess about 75-76. When you crank up the RPMS you will see good gains. Spend some time on your rideplate filling the holes and making sure its smooth. Already have a grate?

That's right around where I want to be for now. I'm trying to get a good base before I start messing with rpms but before I do should I get the stiffer springs even though I have the lighter valves? The ski came with a worx grate.

This all could've been avoided with $300 stock charger rebuild. All I gotta say is she better put out.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mieyk View Post
    That's right around where I want to be for now. I'm trying to get a good base before I start messing with rpms but before I do should I get the stiffer springs even though I have the lighter valves? The ski came with a worx grate.

This all could've been avoided with $300 stock charger rebuild. All I gotta say is she better put out.
    It happens, even with Metal washers I have had the washers drop and a bearing go out. Putting my motor together back now after cleaning it out and installing a new timing chain and flywheel.

Get the supertech spring and retainer kit from the store. You can install it with just the tool and an air compressor.

Ouch! Not entirely what I meant though. This was supposed to be preventative maintenance or the 100 hour supercharger rebuild. Ceramic washers were still in tact and valves were fine but slightly rusty where the two metals meet. Now you've got me worried, are the stock x charger washers an issue or is it any washer, anytime, can fail? I know nothing is certain with these motors but I've heard too many negative posts about 04 valves and washers.

+1
    You should be fine, its when you start pushing the envelope that problems can develop earlier than they normally would. Dont worry, if you want piece of mind send your SC to Jerry for maintenance.

+1
    you can't go by the speedo that is why they call it the dream- O-meter, you are really only going the true GPS speed 66,
    The key is your RPM's?? if you have the stock ECU then when you hit the rev limiter it tends to lean out, but if you have the AFR gauge and the RRFPR you can tune to good fuel,
    you want to stay right under your rev limiter at WOT, If you are hitting the rev limiter adjust your prop,
    there are many past post on the same subject, spend some time searching,

Thread Information