Hoseing out the insides / Recommened yes or no?

I have always tried to keep my bilge dry and never really hosed down with fresh water the inside of my ski. I know a couple of guys that do it to their sea doos and they always seem to have problems with their ski's. With the new 4 strokes how many do this?

Thanks

Brick Township, New Jersey, United States

Hoseing out the insides / Recommened yes or no?

I don't have a newer ski but I do it. I try to stay away from anything electrical and I wait for engine to cool down first. Them I hit it with some wd40 by electrical connections and then switch to silicone for anything with rubber

+1
    As long you don't blast away,not going to hurt anything. Far as applying preservative...I soaked the engine and surrounding components with silicone spray. I also spray the pump down too.

+1
    If you are riding ocean, YES. If you ride lakes, You don't have to.
    Use Fluid Film and you wont have to have two different sprays.

Quote Originally Posted by STIHLBOLTS View Post
    I have always tried to keep my bilge dry and never really hosed down with fresh water the inside of my ski. I know a couple of guys that do it to their sea doos and they always seem to have problems with their ski's. With the new 4 strokes how many do this?

Thanks
    I have a 2010 ski and I spray water everywhere when i cleaned the ski. I even use degreaser to remove the salt, and then after I spray wd-40 to try to keep the salt water out ... And I have never had problems.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by HGFZR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by STIHLBOLTS View Post

Thanks
    I have a 2010 ski and I spray water everywhere when i cleaned the ski. I even use degreaser to remove the salt, and then after I spray wd-40 to try to keep the salt water out ... And I have never had problems.
    +1

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    I clean inside the engine compartment all the time. Spray down in there with some orangey-cleaner, let it set then rinse it all out with the tongue sitting on my tailgate.

+1
    I have to after each ride as there is almost always salt deposited under there from rough water conditions. Wait for engine to cool first then i hose it down then I blow it dry with a leaf blower then wet dry it up before spraying fluid film. Takes a bit of time but worth every second.

+1
    If you don't rinse it after riding in salt water, you will have corrosion. Rinse it with Salt Away/Salt Terminator, then use Fluid film. Once the Fluid film is on, it lasts a long time and forms a protective barrier, so it doesn't need to be applied every time. I also took the engine covers off my skis because some salt water got under it on my FX and caused some corrosion on the valve cover. With it off, everything is easier to rinse and inspect.

Thread Information