Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

VX Cruiser Or VXR

Hi Im looking to buy a pair of Waverunners this spring. Ive narrowed my search to the vx cruiser or the vxr. Does any one have any experience with both. Is the VXR that much better for the extra gas or is the gas consumtion comparable? Is there any diff in ride comfort?
    I know the VX cruiser motor is reliable but does it have the punch to keep a person happy.

+1
    Big Mac, the VXR delivers much greater performance (speed/acceleration) than the cruiser and is still very good on gas. I'd recommend this ski over the cruiser as you may "outgrow" the performance of the cruiser very quickly.

+1
    Depending on ur size u might check out the vxs ---the seats are different.

+1
    If you are thinking this now definitely get the VXR or VXS or you will likely always second guess you decision. I picked the VXS because I'm taller and didn't fit into the seat hump on the VXR, but I do miss the step on the VXR though occasionally. The seat, color and step are the differences between the two models by the way.

The VXR/VXS will go 90+ miles on a tank of gas when ridden around in cruising style. The more full throttle (WOT) riding you do, the fewer miles it will go on a tank.

The VXR/VXS will run somewhere between 66-68 MPH stock depending on rider size and elevation. If you like modding, you can get them into the 71+ MPH range fairly easily with major gains in acceleration. These are the only non supercharged skis I've ridden that can be made to feel like a lightly supercharged ski.
    Last edited by Jarrett; 10-03-2012 at 07:13 AM.

5. +1 by:

+1
    I was in the same situation a few months ago. If your thinking that before the purchase , you need the vxr. For the price difference it's a huge power difference. Go for the vxr

+1
    +1 on the VXR...but 1 conclusion I've come too is - take into consideration where you do most of your riding when it comes to the VXR/S

Before my VXR I owned 2 FX cruisers - they were great, reliable, somewhat fast (55mph), and handled well in the ocean.

The VXR is a beast - the best comparison for the VXR is to a low profile tire - its handles great, performs great, but when the road (water in this case) gets rough, the ride is horrible. The VXR's are very light - 726lbs dry weight.

I do a lot of backwater riding and the occasional trek around the gulf on a flat day. I wouldn't recommend this ski if you will be doing a lot of ocean riding - yes the VXR performance is great but you're probably going to wish you had the cruiser.

+1
    Yeah, the FX HO looks like a nice rough water alternative to the VXR.

+1
    I would agree with ace, but since the 2012 VXr is my first ski I have no comparison. When home i constantly ride in the ocean and have no problems keeping up with friends on all kinds of other skis. It's a great machine, fast and reliable and great on fuel. IMO....

+1
    I use my VXR only in the sea,is not the ocean but is always rough water.I mod my hull with a riva SS intake grate,riva sponsons,and shim my ride plate with 2mm only on the back of the ride plate,and now is perfect for the rough water........

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by alan1967 View Post
    I use my VXR only in the sea,is not the ocean but is always rough water.I mod my hull with a riva SS intake grate,riva sponsons,and shim my ride plate with 2mm only on the back of the ride plate,and now is perfect for the rough water........
    I find this true as well. Once I added the grate, pulled the stock spacers and shimmed the rear bolts on my stock ride plate the ski really improved its rough water tracking and handling. The Macc Racing sponsons also improved this as well on my daughter's ski, but they turn too hard for me I think.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information